“Great Hotel!!”

Charlotte Marriott City Center
Ranked #23 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The best of the best....clean...friendly and totally upscale.....we had an issue with noise next door and they handled it immediately - they actually made the people move....I am a Platinum member, but we just wanted to sleep and it was after midnight....the next day they sent me a message saying they gave me extra bonus points for the disturbance - very classy.....

The hot tub and workout center with the pool was very nice - jets were strong and the lights changed colors....just remember it closes at 11 and the do kick you out and lock the door...the concierge floor had great food and snacks...very nice....the valet service was excellent..... maid service - I had a robe delivered to me on my first night and chocolates on my second - very nice touch!!...

WILL go back....it is in the heart of downtown (uptown) Charlotte and is the perfect location to everything the heart of the city has to offer.....

Room Tip: Look at your AAA or military rates - they offer great competitive pricing during certain times of th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 30, 2012

It's a business hotel. Handy to all the major office towers and close to the restaurants. The hallways were quiet and the elevators fast to arrive. The only quibbles I had were $13/night for Internet, which was a bit much, and the location across from a Hooters meant there was lots of late evening noise drifting up the office tower canyon walls. The shower didn't drain all that well, but the water was readily hot and water pressure was no issue.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

It was a ok place went for wedding and it had a great set up for it, rooms are nice and clean and the location is great for walking downtown. Issues are not very responsive front desk and a bit expensive but I guess it's understandable for the location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Marriott City Center gives you a great welcome upon check in and the Front Desk Personnel are most helpful. They are super knowledgeable about Charlotte, truly seem to love the city and their jobs. It was a great welcome. The hotel was very clean, well-appointed and sized rooms. A modern take on comfort.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was only at the hotel for two nights, but I could not ask for anything better. I went down with three friends for a football game and we decided to stay at the Marriott because that was where Big Blue Travel used, and I can see why now. It was within walking distance to the football stadium. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the city was very enjoyable. I would definitely stay there again, and would consider staying at other Marriott Hotels due to my great experience!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. I have no complaints about the staff, they were nice and welcoming. The room was clean and odorless, I understand that some of the rooms were renovated recently. I didn't have much of a view, but I guess that is what I paid for. The bathroom was clean, nice size and fully stocked every day. The hotel lacks any kind of complementary breakfast but there are plenty of places around the hotel to eat at. The WiFi was not free and was a bit expensive for daily use, in my opinion. That would be my biggest complaint, because at most nice hotels the WiFi is usually free. Parking is also with a fee, just like most hotels I have stayed at. Overall our stay was good, no real complaints except the expensive WiFi fee.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed one night here. Location is great in Downtown Charlotte. Plenty of fine restaurants within walking distance and the bar/club district is only a block away. The Hotel itself is a little dated. Things have been updated - so the rooms are small but nice. I found the staff very polite and helpful. All in all a good stay. Priceline rate was $101 plus taxes per night.