“Great Experience”

Ranked #126 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My experience with the staff at Quality Inn and Suites has been a great one. The staff was courteous and polite. The cleaning staff ensured that my family and I had the linens and things that we needed and that the room was clean and neat. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice quiet place to stay while in Charlotte.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Natasha C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Surprised I saw such bad talk about this place. I almost did not book it.... Luckily, I did.
It was very nice, the staff was so helpful and went totally out of their way to help me..
Breakfast was pleasant, but what can you say for a continental breakfast?
Easily accessible to the highway, walk to eat some dinner or if you need to head to
Walmart it's a short drive away.

Room Tip: request a room which is on the front side of the building
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was placed in this hotel after US Airways canceled the Aruba trip. I knew of this hotel and area and did not want to go there. I lived in Charlotte for two years. I was surprised to see the room was clean and I felt the paint, new carpet, drapes and bedding along with good firm mattresses were a welcome surprise. The room was clean with a coffee maker. My friends were in the room next door and they had a small refrigerator and microwave in their room. My daughters and grandchildren can to visit me and they thought the room was very good for the night. The breakfast was good. I had waffles. They had saugage, bagels, cereals, various muffins, coffee and juice. Overall after standing in line for over six hours trying to get a flight, I was glad to have a place to sleep and this hotel exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Got placed here after missing a connecting flight. Even though i only payed a "discount" rate of $55, I still feel ripped off. The place has been heavily painted, but paint cant fix everything. The rooms all open to the outside. My door had clearly been forced at some point but "smoothed". Door was dented and dirty. Remote didnt work, phone wires were ripped out of wall and phone didnt work, and fridge turned on and off with the light switch. No wifi, of course. No security cameras, only a security guard that's shared w the neighboring red roof. I jumped every time i heard a sound, and you can hear every car door close, room door slam... Not even worth $55. Quality should revoke their franchise!
There's hardly anything around- just a cracker barrel and a gas station quickie mart. It does have an attentive front desk guy, and the shuttle driver was kind. Shuttle itself, however, was falling apart.

• Stayed October 2011
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I would not recommend anyone to this hotel. I stayed on the first floor , which my door was outside and inside of the room the microwave didnt work the mini fridge was wobbley. There was no wireless connection. I had a double bed room, one of the beds had bed bugs which i killed myself . be caution of red little flat bugs. I wasnt aware there was more until after I had checked out and left that i realize I had been bitten several times. I was in room #135. House keeping did not come by at all the two night I was there, they called the room but never came with fresh towels and rags , just no type of house keeping occurred. I am / was highly disappointed . Out of my stays in hotels this was the worst stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Where can I start...
when we got there the staff was fast but looked bored. We got a handicap room and u COULDN'T FIT A SINGLE FLY IN THE SPACE. IT WAS THE SMALLEST HANDICAP ROOM I'VE EVER SEEN. Well the bathroom was big but u couldent get to it!!! The place was right off the expressway but, not noisy we were tired we slept
DAY 2
There was a pool party (we were at Da pool) a nd it closes at 10:00 PM THERE WERE THESE PPLE THERE UNTIL 12AM I COULDN'T SLEEP THE MANAGEMENT DIDNT EVEN CARE NO LIFEGUARD NO NUTHIN OMG I WAS GUNNA KILL THEM (JOKING)
Day 3 after washing. OUR TOILET STOPPED the plummet wasn't Mario but, was fast and helpful but as soon as he left I WAS relieved but I go to my parents room (I'm a kid btw ) and we were leaving BUT WHEN I TRIED TO LOCK THE DOOR THE LOCK FELL OF I WAS LIKE OMFG O.o.
Day 3
I was getting ready to leave but there were BLACK BUGS on the floor I shook out my clothes so I wouldn't bring Back to Chicago. This was it so I left. To go 735 MILES with no roacher

Room Tip: examine the room don't bring wheelchairs get expinsive room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This is another underperforming Choice property. While fairly clean, it is older and showing signs of significant age and wear. This is an EXTERIOR corridor hotel room with all doors facing the outside, including the elevator. The area is questionable; however they had private security visible. I had a double/double room which was OK for a one night crash before taking shuttle at 5:00 am. The bed was better than expected and the pillows were cheap and lumpy. Has micro/fridge combo and 25" tube TV. One desk clerk to check in 4 guests at 10:00 pm took 20 minutes. Shuttle was prompt and friendly. Broken electrical outlets in room. Below average work area. An OK hotel in this price range. The Red Roof is owned by the same company and shares shuttle. I give it a 67/100

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business