All reviews red sky front desk the concierge lounge university place rooms are clean breakfast buffet a great stay enjoyed my stay mayra thida rasul hatha housekeeping concert inns shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Everyone was friendly and the hotel was clean. The only thing I didn't like was we were there for a softball tournament so we had our whole team staying at the hotel, but we were not allowed to bring in food to the eating area like pizza, but we couldn't even bring it into the bar area that had a long table. I get that they used the breakfast area as a makeshift to a restaurant, but they only had 1 cook and 1 server. To our pleasant suprise the chef came out and took the kid's order, the bartender, waitress, and chef all worked together. We got all of our food in a timely manner and it was all excellent.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed April 4, 2019

This is yet another of the generic, standard, reliable, boring Holiday Inns that dot the landscape. A good indicator of whether the property is 'old' or 'new' is to see whether it has a low style cream colored bath tub or a modern walk in shower stall. This has the tub. The lady checking me in could not be bothered with a smile or anything. I am a Platinum member and it meant nothing to her, She did not ask me for my choice of points or drink and to date I have not received the welcome points. Surprisingly, this HI offered 'free' breakfast and sure enough it was as inedible as all such 'free' breakfasts. I ran from there. Find the nearest Sunflour Baking location for good, healthy breakfast. It is easy access off the highway and the location is good. Try the Godavari for some yummy food for normal people where the carnivores will not bother you with their animal munching.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Hi ZenHealer7,

Thank you for choosing us. Your stay is valuable to us. I apologize for our stumbles in not exceeding your expectation with the design of our hotel. I acknowledge you bringing these issues to our awareness so we are able to make it right. Our hotel is dedicated to offering sumptuous breakfast and I'm disappointed we miss impressing this time. We aspire to be deliver comfortable stay while you are with us, and I am glad you had a night of adequate sleep to our neat rooms. I have shared this to our management and I am confident that the relevant teams will take action to eliminate the issue.

Your loyalty as a Platinum member is remarkable. We are hoping for your continuous patronage and will make your next stay more memorable.

Happy to assist,

Clarisse S.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

We went to Charlotte for our Godson birthday and kept him overnight.. this was a good hotel..had stuff around it...we ate the special wings deal they had after our dinner was not to good. Forgot to take pictures but it was great. Breakfast is extra so we didn't eat that. The bed were good and they give you plenty of pillows. They have a restaurant you can eat at and I wish we would have ate dinner there. I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2019

I have traveled often and have stayed at MANY hotels. Never in my life have I experienced such unprofessional behavior at a hotel as I did at Holiday Inn Charlotte University. Upon making my reservation, I made sure to note the check in and check out time for the hotel. Check out time is listed as 12PM. I came to Charlotte on a business trip and was up late planning Sunday night and wanted to sleep in on Monday before my meeting at 11AM. I made a reservation for one night at this hotel. I was extremely shocked, scared, and angered to be woken up at 7:30AM on my checkout date by a hotel staff member OPENING MY DOOR! I had fallen asleep without putting the security bar lock across the top of the door, which I feel shouldn't be necessary in a hotel with key card access, but nonetheless after this experience I will be sure to ALWAYS use this lock. I had woken up to the noise of the door opening and jumped out of bed to see what was happening. I got to the open door to see a staff member (not housekeeping) standing outside my door pushing it open. She looked at me puzzled and said "Everything's fine, you're fine, I was just told to come here and check on the room". Why in the world would someone need to come check on a room at 7:30AM when checkout time is 12PM? And why would a staff member just open a guest's door and that early in the morning?!?! If the staff needed to "check on the room" a phone call would be sufficient. I am a female who was traveling alone. I felt extremely unsafe in this situation and felt complete disregard by the staff member who committed the act and by the front desk representative. After this, I made sure to use the metal block at the top of the door. Secondly, at 9AM, I was woken up a second time to a knock on my door. At least this staff member had the common sense not to just open a guest's door. This time it was housekeeping. When I opened the door she mentioned that she was checking to see if I had checked out yet to see if she could clean the room. This was TWO TIMES I was woken up on the same day by staff members on the day of check out. When I went to check out around 10:45AM, I mentioned to the front desk staff what had happened thinking this would be shocking, however I was met with a casual, "Oh you need to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door at night or else they will try to come to start cleaning rooms around 7AM so if you don't put the sign, they will try to come in, but they should knock first". So just a word of caution to anyone staying at this hotel. If you do not want to be woken up at 7:30AM by someone entering your room, be sure to use the "Do Not Disturb" sign.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank PT_Traveler918
SeanB3688, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Hello,

I truly regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take pride in exceeding guest expectations and maintaining high service standards of the hotel and I apologize we failed during your visit.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay and we greatly appreciate your feedback

Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Traveling for business and had an error with my reservation. The front desk was extremely busy with calls but Ms. Janet took care of me and delivered excellent customer service. She has made this work trip get back on the right track. Thank you, Ms. Janet!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
SeanB3688, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback about Ms. Janet! We strive to provide an exceptional experience and we are so delighted when our efforts are recognized. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future!