“Two months at this hotel....”

Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Moved from California to Charlotte this year. This hotel was our home for over two months. We arrived during renovations and were able to witness the transformation of the hotel. It is gorgeous! We were treated as family by ALL the employees. As a Platinum Member, I had access to the Concierge Room for breakfast and an evening reception which were fantastic, specially on Wednesdays. Front Desk employees Janet, Naomi and Carolyn, Concierge employees Lisa and Kim, Stephanie. Manager Brent, Manager Debra. Driver Kyle. Again, all deserve praise. We felt at home. The Valle Family

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Rodolfo V,
We are glad that we became your home and you were able to witness the great transformation of the Holiday Inn Charlotte University. I will personally let all the employees know about the amazing review you've given us. We look forward to any future reservations you will have with us and hope to see you soon!
-Anthony White, GM

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I normally stay anytime I'm in Charlotte for business. My most recent trip, I thought that I stepped in a completely different hotel. It is beautiful! And it's also a plus to see such a friendly staff who have learned who you are and care about your stay at the hotel. I can't wait to come back very soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Sarah W,
It is exciting to hear that you can't wait to come back to the hotel! We value every guest here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte University and are glad to personalize each experience they have. We are looking forward to your future stays!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great conference rooms, personnel, catering and everything you need to make your event extra special. This hotel has been totally remodeled and it is not your "typical" Holiday Inn. The service and the staff are exceptional. Would highly recommend for your next conference meeting. Their food was really well prepared, delivery was organized and presentation of the meal was excellent. Thank you for making our day a success!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Linda B J,
We are glad to hear your day was a success! We Thank You for your wonderful review and appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Charlotte University for your event and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a block of rooms for 2-3 days for my daughters wedding. The staff was professional friendly and very helpful the breakfast buffet was very good all of ourwedding group loved everything about their stay

• Stayed: September 2013
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Bettinasmith,

We appreciate the wonderful comments and are glad everyone loved their stay! I will gladly pass it on to the staff how great of an experience everyone had and hope you return for any future stays here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte University!

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here on business, as I usually do 3-4 times a year. The renovations are almost fully complete and the hotel is really nice. Now, they have a new entrance and new elevators, along with many little perks. Customer service was above par, as usual, which always makes me feel at home. The renovated room was first class, and it was good to get away from home for just a night and enjoy all the amenities. The next morning, breakfast was wonderful, as usual and really started off my day right. I want to thank all the staff and management for making this my home away from home. I look forward to returning very soon. Please stay here if possible- you won't regret it. All the best my fellow readers...

• Stayed: August 2013
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Luke L,

We are glad to hear that we've made the Holiday Inn Charlotte University your home away from home. I will personally let my staff know about your gracious comments. I am excited to say that our renovations are fully completed so we hope you will return soon to see them!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here using rewards points but if paying would have stayed elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, we were comfortable and the staff was very friendly but there were two things that turned me off. First, the hotel was under renovation (and there wasn't a sign telling me that) so the lobby appeared in a state of disarray and dust. Second, they were charging $9.99 for a breakfast that is normally included in the price of a room at most other chains. We skipped the breakfast and ate at the Chikfila around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear 32Romeo,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are delighted to read you found the rooms clean and comfortable. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel staff was very hospitable. Eunice ROCKS! She was always greeting us with a smile, and was very helpful with letting us know places to eat and go for site seeing during the day. Breakfast was good every day. We were here for a church conference. The hotel is undergoing renovations, but the stay was still very nice. The beds are extremely comfortable. I wish there were vending machines for snacks. We ended up going to Walgreens and getting snacks for the week. That was actually cheaper to do. It was great having a fridge and microwave in the rooms.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Lisa J,

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay! I will personally make sure that Eunice receives this great compliment you left her and we hope you return soon to the Holiday Inn Charlotte University!

GM