“Great Stay!”

Ranked #3 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is going through some great renovations and the staff is very helpful and friendly, especially Eunice. She works nights but she always has a smile on her face! I have stayed at this hotel approximately 7 times for business and the remodeling of the rooms is great. They now have microwaves and refrigerators along with a modern decor. Where do you get the mattresses? They best sleep I have had in a long time. Thank you Holiday Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank stephd101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Highland Lake, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for the weekend, while apartment searching for my daughter. I highly recommend anyone to stay here, they made my stay very relaxing, and even though they were going through renovations, everything was safe. They were all very pleasant, and helpful. I would like to thank Mrs. Katie Wolff for making my stay an enjoyable one. I am looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A few hickups thru the renovations but all n all a real nice place to stay!! The 7th floor cocierge is a great addition to an already great atmosphere. Cant wait to see what great things are to come with the downstairs and restaurant/bar renovations. Look forward to staying here again. The 3rd shift desk clerk gets an A+!!!! Thanks Eunice for your patience and hard work!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jacks132
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this property for the weekend during the ACC basketball tournament. I could not recommend a better place in Charlotte that I could have been. Although they were under major renovations, they made everything safe and accessible. The room was renovated, and gorgeous. I especially liked the decor and stylish bathroom. The person I would have to say that made it a delight was Mark at the front desk. I have stayed here before, and his hospitality was beyond superb, as it has been in the past. I look forward to returning to my home away from home really soon!

• Stayed March 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I used this hotel as the host hotel for my sisters wedding guest. The rooms are really nice and comfortable. The suite is the best! The staff was friendly and courteous the entire time. The breakfast buffet was delicious! We were very pleased with the Holiday Inn University!

Room Tip: I find rooms on the upper levels are always better because you don't have to worry about noise h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
West Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Even under renovation, this hotel stands for excellence. The newly renovated rooms should be the standard for all hotels to follow. Clean, comfortable, and accommodating from the bed, to the HDTV, to the nice counter in the bathroom and bathroom amenities,to the refrigerator and coffee maker, 2 phones, working HVAC, and more.

We ordered room service for breakfast and it was right on time and quite tasty. From the front desk staff to the kind gentleman that delivered our breakfast, the staff at this hotel is professional, friendly, and accommodating.

Our one and only problem was that we were were only staying one night. We were not ready to leave and will return to this hotel as we visit Charlotte often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I spent three days in the Hoilday Inn University-Charlotte, NC. I wanted to commend the entire staff for the kindness and professionalism. I would like to spotlight one particular employee. Her name is Sarah. She works with the housekeeping staff. She has a beautiful personality, was very professional, and took really good care of my room. I want her manager and the GM of this location that they truly have a gem in her. (Although the hotel is under construction, I did not hear any noise during the day or night. My room had been renovated and I must say their interior designer really did a great job. I felt like I was sleeping in one of the newer Boutique style hotels. The room was very, very clean. There is a restaurant/bar on the premises. They have a van that will take you and pick you up within I believe a 5 mile radius. This location is very convenient to the interstate I85/I77, pleanty of resturants, fast food, shopping, and a really nice mall (Northlake Mall) less than 15 minutes away.) Great Stay. Would come back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business