“Staff was very courteous, helpful, and friendly. Loved my room. Slept like a baby and I am 58.”

Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place
Ranked #4 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am from Michigan and stayed in three other Hotels and they did not measure up to this Hotel. I would recommend this Hotel to all of my friends and family members. The remodel is very impressive. Best Regards, Wendy Kim

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

THE GOOD - Renovated rooms are very nice... comfortable, convenient (microwave/fridge/etc), Very friendly staff (I stay in a lot of hotels & I stay at this hotel a lot.) The staff here is stellar in every way... very friendly & very helpful. Excellent value for the money. Conveniently located near I-85. Easy access.

THE BAD - The exterior renovations create an initial negative impression. Parts that are being renovated or still need to be renovated (front entrance, face of building, elevators) detract from the parts that have been renovated. But both of these are to be expected when renovating. I am actually very impressed with how smoothly the hotel keeps things running during the renovations and how little the renovations affect the overall experience. I look forward to seeing it when all of the renovations are complete.

One review I read said that the positive reviews are either fake or the people are blind. My review is not fake, I am not blind and I highly recommend the hotel. Just realize they are going through renovations.

Room Tip: Nice view from the higher floors on the front side of the building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GreggE986
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The room was very cozy/sleek and the young lady Natalia at the front desk was super friendly and I found her to be very helpful.The bartender T was awesome as well and Maurice the maintenance man was so funny. This hotel is the best for the price in this area trust me I know I have stayed in several . Good luck

• Stayed March 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Called the hotel before arriving to check on weather or not if they had a shuttle service. The person told me that no shuttle service was available. After paying out forty dollars in taxi fees and getting to the hotel, there were no rooms available. It was pouring down rain, I got soaking wet no one offered me anything. A cup of chocolate, ice tea, a sandwich or anything after telling me that I had to wait for 3-4 hours before check in. And the main thing was, with all of the phone calls talking to the front desk, no one even told me that the hotel was under renovations. After one hour of sitting there wet. I called and the Hilton and went across the street and canceled my reservation with the Holiday Inn. Service is gone with the hotel industry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank WorldTraveler2492
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear WorldTraveler2492,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our front desk. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Barnwell, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been staying at holiday inn in Charlotte, nc for several months now for work, and my stay there has been very enjoyable. The front desk people are very accommodating, as well as, the lady that tends to the complimentary breakfast and supper that is supplied for priority club members. Eunice is so nice and polite, always! She makes my stay away from home more enjoyable and I am very thankful for her!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I travel for a living and for 4 weeks I have endured the sure pleasure of staying at the Charlotte University location. The entire staff from Debra the Manager and down to the housekeepers was awesome! One of my personal best experiences ever! Everyone greets you no matter what time of the day it is, the rooms are awesome!, just a great over all experience!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bridgeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The elevators are in bad shape.New ones are needed bad and no ice machines on the 6th or 7th floor broken iron in room and walls too thin.It was very hard to get sound sleep.Every Morning when I went down for Breakfast there were no spoons and very few plates and not enough Eggs Beacon Potatoes etc.I had to go get my own juice it just wasn't a good experience for me.

Room Tip: If you don't like walking don't take a room on the 6th or 7th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank James U
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear James U,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience brought about by the renovations and service encountered. Nevertheless, we sincerely hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Zelyn N