All reviews red sky front desk the concierge lounge university place rooms are clean breakfast buffet a great stay shuttle service enjoyed my stay mayra thida rasul hatha tori concert housekeeping clerk
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is my first time visiting this hotel and I was astounded by the great service i was given! First, Mary & Naomi were completely excellent. They deserve a raise, no doubt. The water with the fruit in it at the front desk was a great idea. Never seen that before. Then my daughter left her blanket that she had since 3 months in the room and they recovered it safe and sound. Excellent service, hands down! A.j. Alston (Savannah,GA.)

Room tip: Go through hotels.com!
Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed last week at this beautiful property, and was totally impressed with every little detail. The property itself was gorgeous, and in a GREAT location- across from shopping/restaraunts/etc. Check in with Mark was ABOVE PAR, as well as with Jane. I felt so welcomed, as the front desk staff ALWAYS remembered my name, and were totally friendly every single time I walked by. The room was very spacious, everything was maintained and worked properly, and it had ALL I could have asked for. To be honest, I didn't even want to leave my room, because it was so comfy, but I had to tour Charlotte! That evening, I had cocktails at the bar/restaraunt which were made even greater by the company of Joseph, the bartender, and Al, his manager. Funny guys! The very next morning, I ate a delicious breakfast, even getting seconds at their amazing hot buffet! Shala, Stephen, and Lynne made sure to take excellent care of me! I recommend you stay here ANYTIME, and know that I will surely return, every chance I get. It's not often that you are treated as if you are the only person staying at a hotel, but that's just how I felt. (Kind of like a celebrity.) Exceptional people, plush room, great time, and an awesome meal... What more could you ask for? Talk about a home away from home? Well, I finally found it. Thanks Holiday Inn Charlotte- University Place... I miss you, but I shall return! Anyone reading this, I hope I gave you some insight, as you do not want to miss out on this tremendous hotel! Family, business, pleasure, STAY HERE! A+++
Truly Yours,

Mr. Leng

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while waiting on renovations done to my condo. Honestly, I try to form my own impression when reading the hotel reviews & will go against better judgement to determine if the hotel lives up to the average expectations. My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days via a good deal on Priceline. You know how it goes, you pay for what you get. If you are looking for a hotel to stay in and hide while someone is trying to kill you maybe, go for it (lol). If you need a clean hotel to stay in and CLEAN is your top priority, please go to the Hilton across the street. You cannot be a clean individual and give this hotel a good rating. Not possible at all, I don't care how much you travel. Fat back TV's, filthy/stained carpet, very outdated bathrooms, noise in the hallway, soiled curtains? Hmm. It mad me sad. How do you soil the curtains? Could not sleep thinking I was sleeping on someones' bodily fluids for 3 days. Too bad priceline doesn' refund. Don't do it, unless you don't mind staying 2 star hotels. Also, when you step onto the double door elevator within the lobby, you are sharing it with the kitchen and cleaning staff whic creates an awkward moment seeing the dirty kitchen on the other side. Weird. . .

Room tip: Maybe a few complaints and upgraded room would help, not really sueif anything can help this hotel out other than a complete renovation.
2  Thank BofA704girl
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Let me preface this by saying, I am a "Road Warrior" (120+ nts./ yr. in hotels) - Holiday Inn - Gold Member. I very, very rarely have a an extremely bad experience, or an extremely good experience. I had both in one night. When I travel with my family, I strive to give them a comfortable experience.

At 11PM, we were one of Ms. Olivia's first customers of her shift. We had just finished a 3hr. wait for a room at another IHG property down the street, only to find out they were oversold. Within 2 minutes, Ms. Olivia had us in a relaxed mode. In another 3 minutes we were in a room. Most importantly, Ms. Olivia turned a very bad situation into a very good experience.

Our "Clean" room was ice cold on a hot summer's night! Perfect!

After a good night's sleep, I happened to run into Ms. Oivia in the lobby. She still had her wonderful smile and the same chipper attitude as she had 9 hrs. earlier.

We also had the pleasure of meeting one of Ms. Olivia's team mates, Mary. She too is an asset to this IHG's team.

I will thank IHG with more of my "Road Warrior" business in the next year, in search of the Ms. Olivia's.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Let me first start by saying I don’t know what the previous ppl had negative to say, but my entire stay was awesome. Yes the hotel is dated but obviously a change is coming and my room was clean. Yes the restaurant staff may not been prepared for the crowd, but the food was great. My stay started at the front desk with Carolyn who did awesome. Heading up to my room I had a great conversation with Michael who stated, "Im here all weekend so if you encounter any problems please feel free to call me" and I did just that. My cleaning lady Tara kept my room amazing, and who ever cooked for breakfast put there everything in them eggs. I called down Saturday to get more towels, although the lady who answered the phone at the desk acted as though I was asking for a million dollars, Michael was up to my room in no time. My aunt needed a ride to the airport at 5am, and not only did he go out his was in calling a outside shuttle for her, but she told me that he called her cell phone at 6am to assure that she did get to the airport on time.... TALKING ABOUT GREAT SERVICE.Last but not lease upon check out, once again I saw Tara in the hall and she wished me safe travel, made sure I spoke to Michael before I left, and I seen Carolyn upon my check out....I will be contacting the GM soon to tell him how awesome not only his staff is, but his entire management team. Never have I seen a front desk manager, housekeeping manager and even a housekeeper be so personal. I will be returning very, very, very soon..... Kathy