“Overall, an excellent experience all around.”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #21 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 9, 2011

The hotel is immaculate and the staff is consistently friendly and attentive. I paid a little extra for the executive room, but the entire hotel looked clean, contemporary, and well kept.

• Stayed: February 2011
There are newer reviews for Hilton Charlotte University Place

Reviewed February 8, 2011

This is a very nice hotel in a beautiful location with several nearby restaurants and shopping areas. The only reason I gave this location a 4 on location is because of it's distance to the CLT airport. Attendees at your conference had better be prepared to shell out $42 each way for taxi service. However, the hotel does have a very nice limo service with discounted rates (cheaper than the taxi) but we didn't know about this service until we arrived on site.

Service was excellent for the most part! There were a few minor snafus but nothing that wasn't quickly and efficiently dealt with.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Sounding area was great food, bars and pharmacy walking distance from the front of the hotels. Building is older and needs cosmetic renovations. Sidewalks near front door had small amount of litter. Smoking benches in need of TLC. Marble in lobby looks to never be polished, sad shore it was not a cheap investment. The hotel staff was outstanding and friendly good knowledge of surrounding area. My room felt outdated and the tile floor felt dirty. The bathroom was clean and felt clean but the same tile as out side. Mattress had no signs of bed bugs though they could spend some time cleaning behind furniture. The View from my room was assume I must remember to bring a camera next time in town. The TV service was oncommand and your never let down by the SD services they provide a hotel! Room had a 40" TV and easily connected my personal laptop. I will defiantly stay here again just for there free Internet service was outstanding no need to upgrade to the payed service. I used my home network as if I was in the next room. No additional cost access to my sling-box made me feel at home and relaxed. I don't know why there a paid option when the free service is more than needed. I had no issues accessing my company VPN but as normal corporate email was slow. Meeting space was large. There was two old paid type business PC on a wall and a little further down the hall was the business center with free color printer. With all the positive I personal found at this Hilton I will try too book here again and look forward to spending some time at the pool in a future stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Like the title, the Hotel was nice. No problems with the room, fairly quiet but noisy elevator, try to be at least 3 rooms away if you can if you're a light sleeper. The food is the restaurant was really good, which is surprising for any hotel restaurant. For a full service Hilton, the free internet was nice, but the connection wasn't. Other than that, no big surprises either way.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2011

we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. the room was spacious and the staff was very friendly. the room had huge window with natural light and a view of water. it had a nice flat screen tv for my husband to watch basketball. it was a typical hilton with no free breakfast. we didnt eat at the restaurant so i dont know how their food is. there are a lot of restaurants near- qdoba, melting pot, thai, buffalo wild wing, total wine (not a restaurant, i know). the bed and pillows were really comfy.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I recently brought my college basketball team to this hotel for a 2-night stay. The people who work at this hotel do a great job to make you feel welcome and really want to do the best that they can. The people working the front desk are always smiling and polite and the people in the restaurant and the bar area are very courteous and had great customer service. The rooms are very nice and clean; the hotel is beautiful and really nice. The food was excellent. You can really not go wrong with staying at this hotel. The hotel staff made traveling with 24 people seem like it was just myself. I can not recommend a better place to go in the Charlotte area. The hotel is also very close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I am not sure what Trip Advisor uses to rate hotels. During this trip we stayed at both the Ritz Carlton, rated #8 and Hilton University Place, rated #4. One would assume that #4 would be a nicer hotel than #8. Wrong!! When we drove up to the Hilton, I was hoping we were in the wrong place. The hotel exterior was drab and depressing. One would think that the Presidential Suite would be nice. Wrong again! The furniture in the room was old and shabby. The glass on the dining table had crumbs and grunge underneath it, visible from the top. We were so unhappy that we left 2 hours after checking in, booked an earlier flight and flew home one day earlier than planned. I must say that the hotel staff was very accomodating and polite, they were the only positive thing about the Hilton University Place. Not a nice way to end a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: December 2010
HiltonhotelGM, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

I am so sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations on your recent trip to our hotel. We take all guest feedback very seriously and strive to provide only the best service to our guests.
I will address your concerns with my management team and personally look into the room you stayed in and make any necessary changes to ensure that others don’t feel as you did.