“Wow! I'd hold a conference here again!”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #22 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 15, 2010

From my first site visit, through the months that followed in preparation, upon arrival and then carrying out my event, I cannot say enough about the service I experienced from the entire staff of HCUP. Besides "taking care of business" I found the staff friendly and engaging. Nothing was too hard or a bother for them; they immediately responded to any need - and did so cheerfully; and always asking if I was satisfied with the result . . . and I was - every time! I know it's "their business" to meet the client's needs, but they all seemed to genuinely enjoy their role - whether hanging a banner, adding chairs, adjusting AV - whatever the need, they did it in such a way that displayed they were glad to do it! My planning and execution of this conference for 275 attendees went so well - and a big part in that was the service at this Hilton. In a follow-up evaluation, attendees rated it extremely high!
3 cheers for David and his staff!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,662)

Reviewed October 14, 2010

We recently stayed at th Hilton in University Area/charlotte nc. It was AWESOME. It was a night out on the town. The hotel was extremely clean. The service was excellent and Melissa was awesome........... I needed some help setting up our room for a surprise night. And Melissa took care of everything while we were out to dinner. Even though there was a NFL team in town and Melissa was helping with their accomadations, she made us feel like we were the most important customers in the hotel. thanks again Melissa. We'll be back there very soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was the second time staying at this hotel. The rooms are nice and bathrooms are clean. Parking is a little strange and inconvenient. They seem to cater much more towards thier group business and functions. Only had one front desk staff person on the desk which meant we had to wait a while to check in but she was very friendly and even offered to direct us to shopping and dinner locations. The colors in the lobby and hallways were beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Staff is professional and helpful. Rooms are cleaned twice a day.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I was looking for a place to get away with my husband for our 21st wedding anniversary. I couldn't have found a better place. Melissa you were fabulous in helping me plan this surprise anniversary. Our room, roses, chocolate strawberries, lake view, candlelight dinner "thanks Henry, Delicious" & Jason "best waiter" & the staff was well above our expectations. We both felt like a King & Queen, literally!
My husband was very surprised with the event & enjoyed all the kindness and wonderful people that work here. They are fantastic. Thank you for everything. We are already planning on bring some friends and coming over for one of Henry's Dinner's & definately will be staying with you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel in the past 30 days and the service got better on the 2nd stay, which I would never thought possible. Great food, free shuttle service back and forth to my job's location, which saved me money because I didn't have to rent a car for my short stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Found this place via Priceline. Got a great price and an even better hotel. This is a classy, clean place. All employees here were as friendly and helpful as you could find. Room was a standard King--spacious, very comfortable bed, free wifi, huge flat screen TV. Additionally, they have a nice fitness facility. Location is only a short ride to downtown Charlotte. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple