“Best Hilton in Charlotte”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Hilton has three locations in Charlotte along with multiple other Hilton family locales. This Hilton definitely does not disappoint and delivers all the qualities one looks for in this particular brand. The Hilton Honors executive lounge is one of the best I have ever visited. The friendly staff allowed me to work from the lounge all day with a colleague two days in a row. I will be staying again!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Jodie BC,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. We were pleased to hear that your experience was a memorable one! We train our staff to deliver above and beyond service and we are pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. We are glad you enjoyed our Executive Concierge Lounge and were able to work in a peaceful environment. We look forwward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I recently had my wedding and reception at the Hilton. Ms. Bowers was my wedding specialist. She was well organized and very responsive. My wedding planning experience was wonderful and stress free due to Ms. Bowers playing an active role in it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nidhi P,
We were glad to hear that your wedding was everything you expected and more. We strive to deliver excellent customer service and we are glad Emily was able to create a beautiful memory for you and your husband.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had a nice stay in this hotel, everyone was very helpful. I was staying for a week for business and was disappointed to not have a fridge or microwave. Restaurant was alright, but one meal was enough for me. Definitely an older property, but has been renovated and is conveniently located to lots of shops and dining options. And I know this sounds like a small, silly thing but the pillows are amazing! I slept like a baby with those pillows.

Dear Caroline A,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. We were very glad to hear that you loved our comfortable pillows. That's always a plus! Please know that we are currently in the process of adding a fridge and a microwave in every Guest Room, so hopefully by the time you return to Charlotte, we can accomodate that request as well. We are also glad to hear that our location is convenient to shops and restaurants.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

the staff are not friendly and/or they don't know what they should do. for example they didn't give me the breakfast tickets at my arrival time, then I found at my check out that they added breakfast fees which is already included in the room fees. If I didn't check I would have paid extra fees for nothing.

1  Thank Mohamed A

Dear Mohamed A,
Thank you for your sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the confusion you received at the Front Desk about your breakfast; however, please know that we use your feedback to continually train our staff. Your issue has been passed on to our Front Office Manager and are working to address this issue with our staff.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is definitely one of the nicest Hiltons in America that I've stayed at recently. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation and luckily I was upgraded to a renovated king bed exec room on the 12th floor. The room was well designed, and I liked the upgraded furnishings and color palette. The room also had unusually high ceilings and had a bay window overlooking the lake, very nice view. The other nice thing about the room is the abundance of outlets! Each nightstand had 2 outlets built into it, along with 2 plugs in each lamp. The lamps also had 2 bulbs, so the entire room is well lit, unlike some of the older fixtures that only accommodate 1 bulb, making the rooms look drab.

During my stay, the exec lounge was undergoing renovations, so they set up a temporary one in a ballroom on the 1st floor. The evening reception had the usual (i.e. fruit, veggies, and some appetizers). The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was much better than most Hiltons I've stayed at, and I'm a diamond member so Hilton is like my second home. The breakfast buffet was well stocked, a couple of the "extras" included breakfast wraps, smoked salmon, and higher end fruit.

Overall, very nice stay, and if I'm ever back in the area, I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Larry B, Director of Operations at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Jonathan L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. We are very pleased you had the opportunity to experience our newly renovated rooms and found them enjoyable. Upon your next trip, our multi level Concierge Lounge will be back open so please come see us again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We spend our new years eve in Charlotte this past year and chose to stay near the university. This is a quiet and beautiful area of Charlotte with many shops/restaurants available. The free shuttle recommended several good places to eat in the area anand was more than happy to take us there free of charge. Rooms and hotel staff were very nice. Only complaint: as with all higher end hotels, nothing comes for free. Had to pay for internet, food...ect. If you're just staying for one or two nights this isnt an issue but for an extended stay it can hike up the bill quite a bit. Overall a very nice hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Johnny S,

Thank you for sharing you expereince from your recent stay with us. We are glad that the local area was so convenient for your needs and that we were able to help facilitate. Our staff is always willing to assist our Guests in whatever way possible to enjoy the local area around the hotel. I would like to inform you that we do have an option for complimentary internet access at a lower speed for all Guests to use. We also have computers in our Lobby which have complimentary internet as well. Hopefully you can experience these options upon your next trip to Charlotte. Hope you have a great 2014!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a nice hotel at a great location on a lake which has a great walking/running trail. Lots of restaurants around and some stores but a lot of the stores are empty. We have stayed 4 times this year for my husband work. The employees are very nice, breakfast Buffett was delicious. The only problem is never give you your Hilton points automatically. They tell you they will and NEVER do. Then you have to call and submit your paperwork, you can't even do it on line. Be sure to check your monthly statement!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Carolyn P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I am glad to hear the hotel is so accommodating to your needs however was distressed to hear the complications in getting your Hilton Honors points. Please know that we understand the sacrifices that come with travelling and want to make sure our Guests receive the benefits that come with staying with Hilton Hotels. If you are still experiencing points missing from a stay, please contact me directly at 704-547-7444 and allow me to help resolve and outstanding issues. Again thank you for bringing this to our attention so we may address the issue immediately.