“Good conference hotel”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #21 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the autism society meeting this month, and it was very good. The lunch service at the conference was delicious. I also had breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was very good. The hotel was very clean. Check in was quick and check out was easy with the push of a button. It was a great deal for the price! It was also easy to find as it's just off the interstate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hilton Charlotte University Place

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Kind and hospitable staff, great bar after a long day of traveling and a nutritious breakfast to kick start the work day.

Our trip was short, but this was the perfect place to stay. Free WiFi and amazing amenities.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several weeks. It is located in the University area surrounding by many restaurants and shops.

It is a good hotel all around so I will not repeat those appraisals here. I'd like to mention 2 areas from my experience:
- Big Plus: Fantastic full breakfast buffet. Besides the typical buffet items, e.g. bacon, sausage, oatmeal etc. freshly made omelet, daily offering of a variety of fresh berries, you name it, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries. (at least 3 kinds were available at a time)
- Minus: Some rooms' heating system were really loud. I guess the system is probably not very modernized.

I will go back again if the hotel is not sold out (quite frequently for my company's negotiated rate).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel recently and would highly recommend it! I'd like to return there! My room was very clean & comfortable & the view from my window was very pretty...the view of the lake & shops behiind the hotel. I can't say enough about the staff..they were pleasant, professional & took care of every need! A very pleasant place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake, restaurants & shops!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicki R
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. Everything was great except the snoring from the next room. Head boards are placed back to back in adjacent rooms. Once I relocated to the opposite end of my bed, while still loud...it was not as if the person was right next to me. If the head boards were to be placed at opposite or varied locations in each room, the stay would have been great instead of good. Overall, quick check-in and out, friendly staff, clean, pleasant experience. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. It was fabulous. The staff was very nice and it is located in a wonderful and convenient location. I would definitely stay here again. You will not be disappointed. The room was very clean and comfortable.

The only negative is the room did not have a refrigerator.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our initial room was nice and everything seemed fine. We unpacked (no easy feat w/ an 8-mo. old and a pack & play) and settled in for a night of watching college bowl games on t.v.......only to find that our t.v. didn't work!!! My husband is a Hilton Diamond HHonors member, so we were quickly moved, but moving was a huge hassle. In the new room, we ordered room service and it was just not good. Cold buns for the burgers. But the buns were grilled on a skillet w/ horribly old-tasting butter (or perhaps just a dirty grill??), so it was clear that they sat around a long time somehow. Nothing we ordered was very good at all, so don't bank on a good room service meal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family