“Best Hotel in the University Place area”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #23 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This Hilton is modern and well-managed. Rooms are not large, but are very comfortable and have 40" LCD TVs. There is a large mall/shopping center nearby, many good restaurants, and is far enough removed from the center of Charlotte to use a car to get around.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side face South and have a view of the businesses in the area. Rooms on the back...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Hilton University Place several times, and I'm always very pleased with the experience. The hotel staff is very friendly and attentive, rooms are comfortable and well appointed and the location is great. There are several decent restaurants within walking distance -- which means you don't have to jump back in the car to have dinner.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Charlotte University Place hotel many times on business. My company has a large conference there annually, and we are constantly pleased by the quality of the hotel and the staff. The staff are very pleasant and helpful, rooms are nice, food was great, pool area is very nice. The sales and banquet staff, especially Erin Brown and Marek, are top notch. Could not ask for a better team to work with! They take care of us and anticipate any problems or needs we may have. Our conference is very large, and we credit much of the success to their team and the efforts that they put into making our event seamless!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

First of all- I want to thank Daniel, Mike, Gary and the housekeeping staff. Why you may say? Without staff like those, this Hilton would just be another building. A gorgeous facility. The floor to ceiling windows left me with a breathtaking view of the city of Charlotte (yes a distance away) but still could see the lights of the skyscrapers (and if you know anything about Charlotte- thats the most amazing thing). The king size bed was great. Yes the bathrooms are small. But do you really rent a room based on the bathroom? I know I dont. I would definitely stay in this location again. And I hope to come back and see you again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Check in and out ran smooth. The room was spacious but the bathroom was very small. My coffee pot did not work the whole time of my stay. And as always the housekeeping forgot the main essentials! No sugar!!! And after a long day of work I returned to my room with the way I left it in the early morning hours! No clean towels, bed not made and no coffee or sugar. I don't think I will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2012
djgdjgdjg, Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I have spoken to our Housekeeping team in regards to the issues you faced to help make sure others do not face the frustration you faced. We look forward to having you back to the hotel in the future to show you this is not a regular occurance at the Hilton.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

For a Hilton property this was a disappointment. Location is great, check-in was a breeze and front desk staff very pleasant.....however the rooms need a major gut job. Bathrooms are very small with sinks that sit above the counter and look nice but are not functional. Tile/tub and flooring are all old school. Plumbing noise from other rooms can be disturbing to some. Sheets/pillows were fine but beds are on their last leg. Temperature was diffucult to control in the room. Gift shop in the lobby was nicely stocked and convenient.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
djgdjgdjg, General Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Our guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration, in fact, I have made sure to pass your comments to our corporate offices to ensure that we can continue to provide customers with the best hotel experience. We hope you can give us another opportunity next time your travels bring you back to our area..

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently stayed here on business (conference). The conference was located in the hotel. Overall this place is very good: the rooms were clean and spacious, the conference space was comfortable and functionable, and all the food i ate at the conference was excellent. The business center was fully equipped, a fully functional gift shop, and very helpful staff. Room service was quick and the food very good. Breakfast, although expensive, was the freshest, best tasting I have had on the road-worth the price. One interesting feature about the hotel is that it is located in the center of shops and surrounded by strip malls- all with in walking distances but not so close as to be a distraction or cause you problems sleeping at night. Food choices was limited
one or two chain resturants and a mexican place are right out side along with a few pubs. Overall not a bad place to spend a few days if business leads you to Charlotte.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water feature (East side) are fine, just request a room on the 7th floor or higher...