Hilton Charlotte University Place
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,672 results
All reviewserin brownguest loyalty managerman made lakelake viewthe executive loungesmall lakecharlotte universityfamily reunionshopping and restaurantsbusiness tripexcellent stayvery nice hotelvalet parkingparking lotconferenceweddingbanquet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This hotel is right off exit 45A from 85. Makes it a great location to everywhere! Staff was wonderful!!! Room was clean and cool!. The location has alot to offer but it is suffering due to the economy like every where.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Beautiful hotel! Super clean and comfortable! Erin Brown has excellent customer service skills! She made our stay in Charlotte perfect! Kids loved the pool! Awesome restaurants and shops within walking distance! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed here for one night for business and it is the best of the hotels at the WT Harris exit off 485. The breakfast buffet is excellent, fresh hot food, and fresh fruit, plus sliced ham, cheese, breads, bagels, etc.

I had room service when I arrived and it was okay - the spinach salad was very fresh, and the crabcake appetizer was okay, but was lukewarm when delivered. Like all room service, it was expensive, no surprise there.

Room was decent size, clean, updated furnishings, king bed, chair with ottoman, desk/table that you could pull out for more working room, marble top table outside bath with coffee maker, nice for extra bath counter space.

Bath was small but nice, marble top sink, portable lighted make-up mirror which I took to desk so I could sit and apply make-up. I didn't find the shower head too low as others have noted.

I didn't care for the bed, maybe others would like it. Also, maybe just an oops in my room, but the bottom sheet wasn't big enough (flat sheet), which could be a problem if you were planning an active night *ahem* in bed. The room thermostat only goes down to 65 F and as someone with hot flashes, I would normally set it a bit lower, but it was good enough.

I was there on a weeknight and as the lobby area isn't big I could see where it could be unpleasant if there were large groups around as others have mentioned. There are lots of good restaurants in the area, some within walking distance around the small man-made lake that the hotel faces.

I have also stayed at the Drury Suites at this exit, which I didn't really care for although it was okay, and the Springhill Suites, that's fine, but the breakfast isn't nearly as good. However, the windows there open so that would be my first choice in the spring or fall.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

There is no "shops" by the lake to visit. Must be the economy. Boardwalk Billy's is the closest thing. There is a TJMax and Ross but not quaint shops. Building is empty.

Only other complaint..the tv is analog not digital. It is like watching the old antenna tv's. It is a shame to have a decent tv in the room and poor reception/picture.

Other than those two items..the hotel is very nice. I can not fault the food or service. Bed was very comfortable. Had a great deal on the stay. Beautiful view from our window.

Room Tip: They have upgrades online for $5. Reasonable extras to be included. Romantic packages. No problem for an early check in.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zeewoman
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was a great place to stay outside of downtown Charlotte. Despite two weddings and two family renunions, the staff was courteous and went out of their way to help us. Ms. Ewert, the concierge, helped us with movie times and recommended a great restaurant that had tuna so fresh I would have thought that I caught it myself, and she made a reservation for us and still had time to chat and make us feel at home.

When I ordered room service lunch (a dessert and a glass of wine), the person handling the order admitted he had not tated the new menu, and would bring something else for me if I did not like what I ordered!!! When the dessert arrived, not only was it good, it looked and tasted like it had been prepared in a five star restaurant. Kudos!
The Hotel is continuing to make upgrades, yet it is very nice as it is now. There are small touches everywhere from how the bathrooms are appointed, to the best cuisinart coffee makers that prepare Lavazza coffee, or high brand black and herbal tea, without leaving the taste of one or the other behind.

The rooms were clean, spacious, and had an extra blanket and pillow, ironing board, iron, and safe. The shower had great water pressure and a wonderful "rain" shower head.
Aound the hotel there are plenty of things to do and places to eat, and the hotel restaurant itself is truly great. There was also free internet!!!!

We had a great stay. Thank you Melissa Ewert for making it extra special.

Leslie L. Gordon