“Full marks at Hilton University”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Full Marks from me for the Hilton Charlotte University. It is superbly located across the road from the UNCC campus next to a pretty manmade lake. The immediate area includes lots of restaurants, shops and amenities, making it a pleasant place for both work and play.

I received an upgrade to the Exec level, which obviously helps with this evaluation. The room there was spacious and very comfortable. The bed was excellent, the bathroowas spotless and chic and the view was really magnificent. I definitely enjoyed my stay a lot and would certainly say this is a top place to stay if you are looking for something in the area. Downtown is about 9 miles, or a $30 cab ride, so it's a bit far out if your main business will be in town.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We were going to a Si Fi Convention at the Hotel . The Con was only 6 miles from our house so we didn't need to but since it was our Anniversary I booked it as a treat for my Hubby ( and I ) , We had to get there early for a early morning TV Show that was doing some promos for the Concarolinas convention and the Hotel let us check in Early , I had previously been in e mail contact with John Noonan and he was great in answering all my questions . He even came out and spoke to us when we were in Costume the next day , The Hotel is beautiful but the Staff is AMAZING . Any thing we wanted or needed any questions we had they had the answer. Our first morning we met Iboc in the Executive Lounge and we chatted and had fun with her for a while (she is an ICE expert ) she even remembered me (on the Phone ) when we were checking out . From the housekeeping to Management they were all great ,John even sent Champagne and Chocolate covered Strawberries to our room for our Anniversary. What makes this even more special a few weeks prior my Husband and I had returned from an 8 day trip to Mexico at an All Inclusive 5 star Resort and we weren't treated as special as we were at the Hilton . It was a Great stay and the perfect location as our favorite Mexican Restaurant Zapata's is right across the Lake . The location of the Hotel is perfect for dining and shopping and the great Lake that has a path all around to walk and even paddle boats.The Hotel did a great job not just for us but i had a lot of friends staying there and they agreed that the Hilton Hotel was Top Notch . We are so glad we decided to stay there . Usually we wouldn't as it is so close to our house but we already bought our tickets for next years Convention so we will probably book again for our Anniversary and have a great weekend . Thank You John, Iboc and all the staff that made our Anniversary and weekend getaway a special one to remember .

Room Tip: Get a high floor the view is amazing at night
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pepelpew
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Unexpected stay. We were in Charlotte for the Coca Cola 600 but never made it. My wife had to have emergency surgery. The staff here helped me with a room for the week. They even upgraded the room to the Hhonors level which was amazing. The staff treated me and my two small children like family making an unexpected stay feel like we had never left our home. They are truly amazing so helpful. They ask each day how my wife is doing and if I need anything for her. They have gone as far as to give me additional toiletries to bring to her to make her hospital stay more comfortable. Special thanks to the following staff members,
Thomas
Marretta

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Deathbytatertot
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Hilton location is great and the staff were very helpful curteous during my daughter's wedding at this hotel

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Once again, we had a very successful event at the Hilton Charlotte University Place. Our project, which is housed at UNC Charlotte has hosted the Secondary Transition State Planning Institute for teams of educators from all over the country (as far away as American Samoa!) since 2007 at your hotel. We have worked with your group sales people who arranges our contract each year and have done it down to the last tiny detail with fine tuning.

The compliments of the venue and the staff are unending by our participants. And from those of us who organize the event, we are very grateful for the professionalism, the attention to detail, the customer service, and the flexibility. Your reservation, banquet, kitchen, and sales staff has shown us another year of wonderful service, great smiles and are there for all of our needs.

I rate this hotel "top notch" and I don't think we will ever use another for our conference services.

Room Tip: Just make your reservations - can't miss!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2011

It is clear why the Hilton Charlotte University Place receives recognition among Hilton peer review and AAA Diamond, this team of people sparkles and shines. Our annual meeting finished mid-April 2011, on a high note. The upper management here has assembled a wonderful team of individuals who are passionate about top notch service. From the planning process through to the last day of our meeting, Erin Brown, Director of Convention Services, was phenomenal. With a background originally in wedding planning, it is clear she was meant for this role, the little details did not get overlooked and her rapport sets you at ease. Marek, Banquet Director, was fabulous. A sharp knowledge and understanding of the strengths and limitations of the facility, he coordinated and executed our needs well. Under his supervision, it is obvious he has trained a great team that handled all the set-up changes and last minute details we threw at them. As a seasoned meeting planner, I was able to sit back and concentrate on the needs of our leadership, staff, clients and speakers.

Set beside a lake setting, with restaurants, shops, a walking path, and a touch of nature, the Hilton Charlotte University proved to be a fantastic venue for our annual meeting. If you are searching for a property in the Charlotte area, especially slightly north of city center, I highly recommend you consider the Hilton Charlotte University. They will take care of everything and make you look good!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My daughters wedding was held last week-end (May 7th) at the Hilton - University. Everything was simply wonderful from the facility to the staff. Even the weather cooperated with a nice evening cool breeze for the outdoor wedding.

The event went on perfectly on schedule and thanks to Jenna Yates (our Hilton Wedding Planner), everybody was where they were supposed to be at the right times.

My daughter was thrilled with the entire event top to bottom. Food was excellent, service equally excellent, room facility was great and it made all of our guests relaxed and at ease to enjoy it without worry of any details going on behind the scene.

After the late night festivities, since most guests were from out of town they retired to their rooms - all at the Hilton and again - zero complaints. The room was comfortable, very very clean and had all the amenities one would expect. The bride stayed in the bridal suite (of course) and it also got glowing reviews.

I plan on coming back in 10 years when it's my son's turn. I only hope Jenna Yates is still the go to wedding planner!

Awesome Job - University Hilton