“My second home. Staff is like family!”

Hilton Charlotte University Place
Ranked #19 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Hope Mills, North Carolina
“My second home. Staff is like family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

Unexpected stay. We were in Charlotte for the Coca Cola 600 but never made it. My wife had to have emergency surgery. The staff here helped me with a room for the week. They even upgraded the room to the Hhonors level which was amazing. The staff treated me and my two small children like family making an unexpected stay feel like we had never left our home. They are truly amazing so helpful. They ask each day how my wife is doing and if I need anything for her. They have gone as far as to give me additional toiletries to bring to her to make her hospital stay more comfortable. Special thanks to the following staff members,
Thomas
Kaitlyn
Marretta

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Deathbytatertot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

Hilton location is great and the staff were very helpful curteous during my daughter's wedding at this hotel

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Once again, we had a very successful event at the Hilton Charlotte University Place. Our project, which is housed at UNC Charlotte has hosted the Secondary Transition State Planning Institute for teams of educators from all over the country (as far away as American Samoa!) since 2007 at your hotel. We have worked with your group sales people who arranges our contract each year and have done it down to the last tiny detail with fine tuning.

The compliments of the venue and the staff are unending by our participants. And from those of us who organize the event, we are very grateful for the professionalism, the attention to detail, the customer service, and the flexibility. Your reservation, banquet, kitchen, and sales staff has shown us another year of wonderful service, great smiles and are there for all of our needs.

I rate this hotel "top notch" and I don't think we will ever use another for our conference services.

Room Tip: Just make your reservations - can't miss!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

It is clear why the Hilton Charlotte University Place receives recognition among Hilton peer review and AAA Diamond, this team of people sparkles and shines. Our annual meeting finished mid-April 2011, on a high note. The upper management here has assembled a wonderful team of individuals who are passionate about top notch service. From the planning process through to the last day of our meeting, Erin Brown, Director of Convention Services, was phenomenal. With a background originally in wedding planning, it is clear she was meant for this role, the little details did not get overlooked and her rapport sets you at ease. Marek, Banquet Director, was fabulous. A sharp knowledge and understanding of the strengths and limitations of the facility, he coordinated and executed our needs well. Under his supervision, it is obvious he has trained a great team that handled all the set-up changes and last minute details we threw at them. As a seasoned meeting planner, I was able to sit back and concentrate on the needs of our leadership, staff, clients and speakers.

Set beside a lake setting, with restaurants, shops, a walking path, and a touch of nature, the Hilton Charlotte University proved to be a fantastic venue for our annual meeting. If you are searching for a property in the Charlotte area, especially slightly north of city center, I highly recommend you consider the Hilton Charlotte University. They will take care of everything and make you look good!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

My daughters wedding was held last week-end (May 7th) at the Hilton - University. Everything was simply wonderful from the facility to the staff. Even the weather cooperated with a nice evening cool breeze for the outdoor wedding.

The event went on perfectly on schedule and thanks to Jenna Yates (our Hilton Wedding Planner), everybody was where they were supposed to be at the right times.

My daughter was thrilled with the entire event top to bottom. Food was excellent, service equally excellent, room facility was great and it made all of our guests relaxed and at ease to enjoy it without worry of any details going on behind the scene.

After the late night festivities, since most guests were from out of town they retired to their rooms - all at the Hilton and again - zero complaints. The room was comfortable, very very clean and had all the amenities one would expect. The bride stayed in the bridal suite (of course) and it also got glowing reviews.

I plan on coming back in 10 years when it's my son's turn. I only hope Jenna Yates is still the go to wedding planner!

Awesome Job - University Hilton

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

I just want to share my experience with future travelers about my Hilton experience. I stayed at the Hilton on March 5, 2011 and I must say I was really impressed not only did I stay at the Hilton but my wedding was held there that weekend as well and let me say I could not have asked for a more professional and wonderful experience especially with the staff from the food to every little minute detail cared for by Fontella Hicklin and her staff. Thank you Fontella for making one of the most special days of my life amazing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

The Hilton at University Place was the perfect place for my wedding. The ceremony and reception location were absolutely gorgeous! The location of the hotel was very convenient for family traveling from all directions. Wedding specialist Jenna Yates did and excellent job making sure that our wedding day was everything we could have dreamed of and more! Hotel accomodations were top of the line. I would definitely recommend this location for any special event or even for accomodations only.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family