“A Great Value. Thanks Trip Advisors”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport North
Ranked #94 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I picked this hotel because of the praise heaped on it by other Trip Advisor members - and they are right! For the money, it can't be beat. Right down the street from the airport, and right next door to a buffett restaurant. They have a shuttle available for trips to the airport, and the continental breakfast in the morning is all I need. They also have a very nice fitness room. Remarkably good security, too.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 31, 2009

My wife and I stayed in this property in Mid March on a business trip. It was a definite mixed grill, so to speak. The staff was very friendly and tried to accommodate the problems and they did ultimately void our charges for our two nights and paid for a free night at the La Quinta Inn Charlotte south, which was very nice. However, this property was not very nice. We should have noticed something when we got into our room (deluxe king) and found no soap or toiletries of any sort. The front desk gave us some and my wife began to run a bath. Fortunately she takes baths and preruns her water because when she started to get in the tub, it was full of filthy water. It seems that in the course of doing some plumbing work at the hotel, something went wrong and dirty water was piped into the tub and bathroom sink. It was REALLY bad. Front desk sent a maintenance man who confirmed the problem and then tried to move us into the room next door. Same problem there! We ended up being moved up to the third floor to a lesser room with no frig ( I need one for my insulin as I am a diabetic). We were told there was no work done up on the third floor so we should have no plumbing problems in this room. They finally sent up a frig on a valet dolly and parked it in the middle of the room taking up 1/3 of the floor space (the only place it could go and reach an available plug). Front desk reduced our first night room rate by 1/2 for the problems. The second evening, as my wife was drawing her bath, you guessed it, the same filth was coming out of the faucet. At this point I became a little agitated and told the front desk we were leaving even if it meant we would lose the third day of our prepaid reservation. The manager was very nice and arranged a room for us for free at another La Quinta south of the airport for our last night. I will commend the staff as very good, but if you are thinking of staying at this unit, please verify with them in advance that the plumbing problems have been fixed. Other than the plumbing problems, I did notice the common areas (halls and elevators) were in need of a good vacuuming. Also, the "high speed wireless" was almost useless up on the third floor.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed one night at La Quinta on the way back from Aruba, and I have to say, it was great for the type of hotel it is. The decor is fun and modern - MUCH nicer than most other hotels in it's class. And the beds & pillows were incredibly comfortable! I was sad I couldn't sleep in to enjoy it more! Another plus was that the hotel is only 10 minutes from the airport, and the shuttle drivers were very helpful & friendly.

On the downside, the hotel allows dogs, and we realized we had one next door when it started barking at 10:30pm when another dog went down the hall. I was shocked as I didn't know any hotel allowed pets, and frankly, I'd probably not have stayed at any hotel knowing pets were allowed. But the room was clean with no pet odor and the dogs stopped barking early enough for us to sleep - so I just might consider staying again.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We were on our way home and needed a place close to the airport and this was it. Staff is very friendly, van to airport speedy and polite, breakfast had a large variety of items to chose from, and fitness room was nice and clean. The room decor is very chic and the angled bathroom is spacious and clean, clean, clean. Fast and free internet service. Quiet neighborhood and Waffle House just across the street.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2009

The rooms were very nice--we had a sofa and an octagonal bathroom--but the best part was the beds, which were king-size and southeastern-style, with layers of cotten and wool blankets over a thick mattress cover. I loved it. and thought the weight and softness were great The pillows were also very nice, mostly squarish-European style. Much better than I expected for the low price. My daughter (age 12) wanted comforters, which they did not have--every layer of blanket was relatively thin. She also wasn't thrilled with the breakfast, but I thought it was good (raisin bran, yogurt, bananas, apples, hot waffles). I was in bed 12-7:30 and only heard one plane in that time--it was quiet for an any hotel, nevermind one near an airport. There was no bathroom fan (I know that's an issue for some) but the artwork and the finish on the room were very good for a travel-type hotel (cherry finish in my room). There was free internet, and a computer in the breakfast area for anyone's use. Everything was clean and comfortable. And they allowed for a double-discount on the price between the Walmart employee discount and AAA, which made it very pleasingly affordable.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We were looking for an affordable place for a quick overnight getaway. The rooms are smartly decorated, very clean. The staff was warm and welcoming and very helpful .....really pleasant surprise! Breakfast offered a nice variety. We couldn't be more pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I love this place, would stay here again. The front desk was friendly and offers AAA discount for $70/ night for king size bed.

The room was surprisingly very tastefully decorated. My husband picked this place and I'm glad he did. The bed is spacious and the rooms big as well. It's very nicely furnished with a desk and sofa in side the room, so it's perfect for travelers who need do get work done. The bathrooms are updated and everything was clean. The flower art on the walls were a nice touch.

Since we arrived around 6 am, the front desk gave us a later checkout time at 2pm. It wasn't necessary but a very nice gesture.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple