All reviews waffle house across the street cracker barrel room was clean charlotte airport yogurt waffle maker first floor early flight the shuttle driver would stay again easy access front desk clerk one night stay free breakfast lq pets interstate
Reviewed June 11, 2014

LaQuinta has the best accommodations of any motel if you are traveling with a pet. The location was easy to get to and convenient to eating establishments. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and the decor is upbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Unfortunately I can't find my old review to amend it. We had a serious issue with the front desk not answering (at all) our calls from the airport and so had to pay a cab to get there. Within a day management was all over this and deducted the cost of the cab fare. This of course changes the tone of my review rather significantly. I would absolutely stay there again, as most of the staff was great and it seems they need to fix their phone system AND get themselves posted on the Charlotte baggage claim hotel phone board.

Room Tip: If you have a problem, contact the general manager directly, and if he's not available at the moment, email him/phone him. Front desk should have his contact information.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

On arriving at the Charlotte airport, repeated calls over 10 min to the front desk of this La Quinta resulted in no answer. Not an answering machine, nor being put on hold. Simply no answer. Thinking I had the wrong number, I went to the hotel board in baggage claim. Every airport hotel had a number and a line for the phone there, even Red Roof Inn. But not La Quinta. Odd. Was it closed down? I called the central La Quinta number, and they in turn attempted to contact the front desk of the North Charlotte aiport La Quinta. After 20 min on hold with them, I got into a cab and coughed up the 16 bucks to get to the airport hotel. On the way, reservations admitted that they couldn't get through to the front desk either because "they were very busy". Upon arrival, two staff at the front were busy doing . . . absolutely nothing. No phones, no customers at the desk. They did change our room without a problem after the first one was found with a patch-job to the bathroom door that resulted in it not closing, and Mark was outstanding in getting us to the airport early the next morning. But they've got serious front desk issues and you should add 16 bucks to the cost of your stay for a cab ride from the airport, because the 'courtesy van' will be a dicey proposition.

Room Tip: Consider another property
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Good. Front desk staff are helpful. I always get a room on the top floor to avoid anyone above me, so that I can sleep. The window fans are necessary to have air during the night, but they are always noisy (in all hotels).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I expected what I was met with in a $19.99 a night mom and pop hotel, not a national chain. Surprise left in toilet that would not flush and it took 4 requests and over 30 minutes to get a plunger to deal with it. The hotel was booked and we checked in late evening so we were stuck. Middle of their breakfast time food items ran out and were not replenished. If this was the only hotel available, we would sleep in our car on the next trip to Charlotte.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family