All reviewswaffle house across the streetcracker barrelroom was cleancharlotte airportyogurtwaffle makerfirst floorearly flightthe shuttle driverwould stay againeasy accessfront desk clerkone night stayfree breakfastlqpetsinterstate
Reviewed June 10, 2014

On arriving at the Charlotte airport, repeated calls over 10 min to the front desk of this La Quinta resulted in no answer. Not an answering machine, nor being put on hold. Simply no answer. Thinking I had the wrong number, I went to the hotel board in baggage claim. Every airport hotel had a number and a line for the phone there, even Red Roof Inn. But not La Quinta. Odd. Was it closed down? I called the central La Quinta number, and they in turn attempted to contact the front desk of the North Charlotte aiport La Quinta. After 20 min on hold with them, I got into a cab and coughed up the 16 bucks to get to the airport hotel. On the way, reservations admitted that they couldn't get through to the front desk either because "they were very busy". Upon arrival, two staff at the front were busy doing . . . absolutely nothing. No phones, no customers at the desk. They did change our room without a problem after the first one was found with a patch-job to the bathroom door that resulted in it not closing, and Mark was outstanding in getting us to the airport early the next morning. But they've got serious front desk issues and you should add 16 bucks to the cost of your stay for a cab ride from the airport, because the 'courtesy van' will be a dicey proposition.

Room Tip: Consider another property
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Good. Front desk staff are helpful. I always get a room on the top floor to avoid anyone above me, so that I can sleep. The window fans are necessary to have air during the night, but they are always noisy (in all hotels).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I expected what I was met with in a $19.99 a night mom and pop hotel, not a national chain. Surprise left in toilet that would not flush and it took 4 requests and over 30 minutes to get a plunger to deal with it. The hotel was booked and we checked in late evening so we were stuck. Middle of their breakfast time food items ran out and were not replenished. If this was the only hotel available, we would sleep in our car on the next trip to Charlotte.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Close to airport. About the only complaint I have is the tiny, 1 cup coffee makers. We drink several cups every morning. It is very inconvenient to go to the lobby when all you want to do is relax with your coffee in your room!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for one night due to the proximity of the place to the airport. They have on call shuttles starting at 0400, and it only takes about 10 minutes to get there. With the AM traffic, I'd suggest you stay here vs. the south location. The rooms were nice and clean, the beds comfortable, and the staff very helpful. There are only two places to eat that I would visit, (Cracker Barrel and a place one exit down from the hotel). The buffet place next door is questionable. The breakfast in the AM was quite adequate and fresh. All in all, a really good place for a short visit, and I'd stay there again. There are some other inexpensive places in the same area, but this one, a La Quinta, is a sure thing.

Room Tip: Call ahead to the actual hotel for a good room. There is an elevator, so first floor is not necessary for us old folks.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business