All reviewswaffle house across the streetcracker barrelroom was cleancharlotte airportyogurtwaffle makerfirst floorearly flightthe shuttle driverwould stay againeasy accessfront desk clerkone night stayfree breakfastlqpetsinterstate
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Good. Front desk staff are helpful. I always get a room on the top floor to avoid anyone above me, so that I can sleep. The window fans are necessary to have air during the night, but they are always noisy (in all hotels).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I expected what I was met with in a $19.99 a night mom and pop hotel, not a national chain. Surprise left in toilet that would not flush and it took 4 requests and over 30 minutes to get a plunger to deal with it. The hotel was booked and we checked in late evening so we were stuck. Middle of their breakfast time food items ran out and were not replenished. If this was the only hotel available, we would sleep in our car on the next trip to Charlotte.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Close to airport. About the only complaint I have is the tiny, 1 cup coffee makers. We drink several cups every morning. It is very inconvenient to go to the lobby when all you want to do is relax with your coffee in your room!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for one night due to the proximity of the place to the airport. They have on call shuttles starting at 0400, and it only takes about 10 minutes to get there. With the AM traffic, I'd suggest you stay here vs. the south location. The rooms were nice and clean, the beds comfortable, and the staff very helpful. There are only two places to eat that I would visit, (Cracker Barrel and a place one exit down from the hotel). The buffet place next door is questionable. The breakfast in the AM was quite adequate and fresh. All in all, a really good place for a short visit, and I'd stay there again. There are some other inexpensive places in the same area, but this one, a La Quinta, is a sure thing.

Room Tip: Call ahead to the actual hotel for a good room. There is an elevator, so first floor is not necessary for us old folks.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2014

No complaints really except the Breakfast was not great. Coffee was bad and not meat or eggs. Waffle House is across the street so we did that one morning. This was 7 minutes from airport. It was a good value. Some LQ's are excellent and some are not....this one was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family