“Room Nice But Bath need Help”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport North
Ranked #91 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Vineland, New Jersey
“Room Nice But Bath need Help”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We picked this hotel as we have had good experiences at other La Quinta Inns. The sign at the road is between a restaurant driveway and the one to the hotel. As we arrived at night the combination of low street lighting and the overgrown bushes near the driveway made finding the correct driveway difficult. The lobby, hallway, and room was clean looking and smelling. The new flatscreen TV was very nice and functioned well. Water at the sink and tub at its hottest was unsafe. Temperature stops need to be reset or pressure balance fixtures installed for safety. The bathtub has a liner installed which had water between it and the tub, making taking a shower like walking on a waterbed. The in room heater/A/C unit was very noisy. The good news is we did not need it and turned it off.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Arthur S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a very nice clean hotel. We have 2 dogs that we travel with to Virginia at thanksgiving each year and we always stay at this LaQuinta. It's wonderful that they allow dogs (without a deposit) and all of the other dog owners (and there are many) are very friendly.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was our final stay of a very long vacation and I admit to being anxious about our reservation here upon reading these reviews. Well, I don't know what hotel the nay-sayers stayed in?! We checked in, very nice guy at the desk, good first impression. I am baffled by La Quinta's habit of placing their hotels off the beaten path, but once you find it, it's all good. This is an older property, obviously, but they have made up-grades as they could. I am in favor of their decision to use the laminate flooring that looks like wood. I wish all hotels would get rid of carpet altogether!! Again, we had a suite and it was great. LOTS of room, clean, comfy bed, nice decor. It was a bit loud in the hallways at first, when everyone was getting off the roads for the night and settling in to their rooms. Once everyone got in, tho, it was quiet the rest of the night. The heating units are loud, but I have yet to stay in a hotel where they weren't! The layout of this La Quinta is not like the others we stayed in, but there's nothing wrong with that. The breakfast area was SPOTLESS with plenty of options. I have to admit, this was the first place where the orange juice actually tasted like orange juice! Quick and easy check out. Plenty of parking and it is well lit at night. Everyone we encountered was friendly. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you, La Quinta, for your Military rewards program!

Room Tip: Just spend the extra and get a Suite!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robsrider18
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My room was fairly clean and the hotel didn't have offensive odors. What little service we needed, they provided. The staff is friendly and the hotel ambiance is very relaxed. Nearby you have a couple of places to eat (Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, etc), but nothing else. The hotel is really close to the CLT airport and to the rental car places. The breakfast is ok with waffles, cereals and muffins, but not as good as in other La Quinta hotels. Bottomline: If you need a hotel for an overnight stay before a flight, it will do.

1 Thank Alicia_Boricua
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed overnight because I had an early flight the next day. The staff was friendly and the cost was reasonable. The room was clean. The shuttle service was on time. I enjoyed the fact that I was able to leave my car at the motel at a minimal cost.

Hilton Head, SC, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Don't bother. I could write pages and pages about what I did not like about this place. For starters I saw a worker hand a girl a rag to clean up her spill in the breakfast area. The worker should have cleaned it up herself. I was appalled!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Caitlin G
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

First I would like to say that I normally stay in La Quintas and I am satisfied. But not this time. Not in a safe area. My room was clean and decent, but my travel companion's room smelled full of smoke. She had requested non smoking room during reservation. When she went to complain they told her there was nothing they could do so she had to stay in my room. Also, there was a guy walking around with a packaged liquor in his hand looking like a drunk. It was very unsafe. The elevator smelled like weed. Just be careful and don't go out at night if you stay here!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business