“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #93 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed overnight because I had an early flight the next day. The staff was friendly and the cost was reasonable. The room was clean. The shuttle service was on time. I enjoyed the fact that I was able to leave my car at the motel at a minimal cost.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hilton Head, SC, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Don't bother. I could write pages and pages about what I did not like about this place. For starters I saw a worker hand a girl a rag to clean up her spill in the breakfast area. The worker should have cleaned it up herself. I was appalled!

1 Thank Caitlin G
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

First I would like to say that I normally stay in La Quintas and I am satisfied. But not this time. Not in a safe area. My room was clean and decent, but my travel companion's room smelled full of smoke. She had requested non smoking room during reservation. When she went to complain they told her there was nothing they could do so she had to stay in my room. Also, there was a guy walking around with a packaged liquor in his hand looking like a drunk. It was very unsafe. The elevator smelled like weed. Just be careful and don't go out at night if you stay here!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travelsallthetime_83
Boone, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

A good mid-priced hotel near the Charlotte, NC airport, with the possibility of leaving the car for several days/weeks at low cost and returning to stay a night or another night. Convenient, friendly, good service, decent rooms.

Harrisburg, Arkansas
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Haven't stayed in a La Quinta in over 30 years. Then in this one two week trip, stayed in 3 in three different cities due to their great pet policy. Of the three La Quintas, this one was the worse. I did not realize it was a smoking hotel until I found the ash trays in my room. The last hotel in Salem/Roanoke was a nice non-smoking hotel. Anyways, on to things which could use improving.

There was no ice machine on my floor, the plumbing was slow to drain, the bed was hard (woke up with back pain), the room heater banged on and off all night, and you could hear all the noise out in the hallway. So, overall, not a very restful night. The breakfast bar was also very disorganized - bread on the left aisle, toaster in the far opposite right corner. What's with that? Plates in the middle. Also, they put the food away right at 9 so don't be late.

Also, parking is tight and full up.

I stayed in the Douglasville, GA La Quinita after this and thought that I had died and gone to heaven. These people need to take a lesson from them. It was very friendly, clean, and quiet. Nice!

I'll bypass the Charlotte Airport North next time.

Room Tip: Ice machine is on the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Girlinthecar
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Never try to just pop into Charlotte when the Panthers are playing at home. My husband was traveling on business and had planned on staying at the La Quinta on Tyron only to find that not only were they full but everyone was telling us he would have to drive an hour out of Charlotte to find a room.
Thankfully, I called the La Quinta North and reached Miranda. She offered the only room left at a very reasonable price and held the room until he arrived. Miranda's voice was uplifting and calming to me as at that point my husband and I were both extremely stressed out with me at home and him in Charlotte exhausted without a room. We are La Quinta Rewards members and are enrolled with their Military Recognition Program which we both truly admire La Quinta for participating in. Thank you again to an exceptional hotel chain as well as their outstanding employee...Miranda!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Planned on staying after a late night return flight and parked my car at hotel upon departure. Was able to get an earlier return flight and thus did not need room, so cancelled a day in advance (during my trip). Received cancellation number from agent - no problem. Upon returning to hotel to pay for parking ($5 per day = $10, but they charged me $15) was RUDELY told by desk agent Eric that I was wrong and would have to pay for night anyway. Charged my card and abruptly dismissed me. Hotel manager - when I called later to request a refund rudely scanned/emailed the parking contract and said "if you park, you have to stay a night". Fine, I'll pay, but I'll NEVER use another La Quinta again. From what I was able to see the property was sloppy, bathrooms dirty, breakfast area musty. Don't bother - there are PLENTY of other good properties near the CLT Airport.

2 Thank BizTraveler411