Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport
$250
$227
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$96
$88
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanan airport hotelstaff was friendlywould stay here againice machinecerealmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I traveled with my sister in law & 2 year old nephew to pick my brother up from the airport in Charlotte for his Christmas leave from the Army. 2 days before he was supposed to arrive home, we got news that a massive snow storm was going to hit our hometown and had to decide to head to Charlotte early in fear of getting snowed in and being unable to get there on Saturday for my brother's arrival. We booked this hotel at the last minute at an amazing price. The snow struck a bit earlier than expected so we arrived a good few hours before check in time and we're allowed to check in early. The woman who checked us in was incredibly friendly. Our room was spotless and one of the few non smoking rooms I have ever stayed in that actually didn't smell like smoke. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip to Charlotte and would suggest this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
ECONOCLTAirport, Guest Services at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2010

Dear Mandapanda20 ,

We're glad that everything worked out for you and your family despite the weather conditions you were greeted with in Charlotte during the Holiday season. We hope you also had a good celebration with your family.

We're happy that you were delighted with your stay with us, no matter how basic our amenities are.

Please come back and see us again next time!

Reviewed November 20, 2009

I have to say the rooms were extremely clean. the bathroom was amazingly clean. Front desk clerk he was very pleasant young man. He was an African American man. He had a lot of respect for his co workers. I will be spending a lot of time in Charlotte as I fly through here. I have a schedule lined up already for the next year. I liked that driver with the yellow shirt and tie he reminded me of the man in the yellow hat from Curious George. It reminded me of how much I miss watching with my own toddlers. He made me feel like I was at home that day. This is how an employee takes pride in his job. I hope that these two men are valued employees. They both show how hospitality is to be. These two men both had very pleasant attitudes and always had a smile on their faces. They deserve an employee of the month. The 2nd shuttle driver I had that Tuesday night he acted like he could care less if he had this job or not. He acted like he had a chip on his shoulder. It might have be that he dislikes working third shift.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Dear Mr./Ms. Seasonedtraveler057,

We greatly appreciate feedbacks from valued guests like. It helps us gauge and assess how we all are doing in our respective jobs. Your review certainly is in our "bible" as we go about with our daily grind at work.

We would be most delighted to see you again the next time you are in Charlotte either for business or pleasure.

Guest Services

Reviewed November 17, 2009

My husband and I were looking for somewhere to spend a couple of nights following our inbound flight into Charlotte from the UK, before heading westward. I found Econo Lodge on the internet and having read a few reviews on TA decided to book. We were not disappointed. The shuttle turned up promptly to take us to the hotel. Rhonda in reception was so welcoming and informative. We were offered the courtesy coach to take us to a nearby restaurant in the evening, but walked back after our meal as it was not too far. Following evening we went a bit further afield but this was not a problem and once our meal was finished we call the hotel and hey presto the courtesy coach appeared. Both courtesy coach drivers - sorry I do not remember their names - were so helpful and pleasant. Following morning we were given more info by Crystal on Reception on how to get into Charlotte by bus and then the courtesy coach driver gave us more information on how to get a transfer ticket to get us onto another bus to take us to a shopping mall. What he didn't know about Charlotte was not worth knowing. When he passed us waiting at the bus stop he wound the window down and told us not to worry a bus would definitely be coming along. He also told us not to worry on the return journey that we may have got on the wrong bus as it takes a different route back via the hotel. Breakfasts were also good with a comfortable sized dining area. Perhaps the corridors could do with a lick of paint but then it is an airport hotel and people are very careless with their luggage!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Haggisbasher48,

We thank you for taking time to write a feedback on how your stay with us went. We are happy to know that we did not disappoint you and are happy with your stay with us

Please come back and see us again next time you are in the city!

Guest Services

Reviewed November 2, 2009

I missed my flight on US Air and they put me up in the Econolodge for the night. I was only there for a few hours, but Ralph at the front desk was as nice as he could be. He handled me and the influx of other stranded passengers with efficiency. The rooms were nice enough, I usually stay at plaves a little nicer than Econolodge, but it was clean and did the trick. Overall, thumbs up to Ralph and our shuttle driver!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
ECONOCLTAirport, Guest Services Officer at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2009

Dear Ms. Beth,

Thank you for your kind words. We would appreciate if you can also give us suggestions on how we can do better with our service.

Although the reason why you were here was circumstantial, we hope that you will visit us again some other time, on purpose.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday with your family from your family here in Charlotte!

Reviewed September 9, 2009

My mother and I make a trip together once a year and were looking for somewhere safe but relatively inexpensive. We found this hotel to live up to its reputation per other reviews. The desk staff made us feel welcome and expected. The message light was flashing when we got into our room, and it was the front desk checking to be sure everything was in good order. The rooms show a bit of age -- slight damage to the ceiling, including a couple moldy spots in the bathroom, but everything was exceptionally clean and fresh, not just masked over. My only "complaint" would be that the a/c unit blew directly onto the bed. The grill on it was broken apart so the airflow could not be redirected. It was a mild night, so we just turned it off.

The continental breakfast was nothing outstanding. Homemade sausage biscuits was the only food selection out of the ordinary, and the hot water switch was partially broken on the dispenser unit so it took a few tries to get hot water for my oatmeal.

The location is convenient to the interstate [one of several hotels along the road] and close enough to the airport that you hear flight traffic overhead, but we never noticed "road noise." Accommodation tax is high in Charlotte, so it was wonderful to find a safe, clean room at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank Vctoria
ECONOCLTAirport, Guest Services at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2009

Dear Ms. Victoria,

I couldn't be any more thankful for your very detailed description of your experience with us.

Everything that you mentioned were very accurate, but I am also happy to share with you that work is being done to address them! We are currently doing some re-painting job and we hope that you and your mom get to visit us again sometime in the future.

Sales tax had a slight increase in Charlotte this September, but rest assured that the rates remain as competitive and reasonable as it has always been.

Best regards,