“Get what you pay for”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #128 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Needed an airport hotel and picked this one because it was one of the only available options. At check overheard clerk on telephone with sister property talking about 98% occupancy. Property claims to have 24 hour airport shuttle service but in reality it runs every half hour. Found out the hard way as called from baggage claim but 'missed' driver and had to wait another half hout late at night. With the garage area construction the pick up area was a zoo but had called twice and still was not identified for pick up. Prepaid thru Choice website but got one of last rooms, # 102 a H/C on ground floor, facing the highway. Felt like I was sleeping on the highway. NOISY. Room clean with a decent mattress but not well maintained with burned out bulb and a malfunctioning shower system. Expected breakfast then early shuttle back to airport with a flight crew. CHEAP at less than $50 is the only saving grace for this place; get what you pay for. Guess I've been lucky the few previous times i've had to go with an 'econo-Lodge' property (ie one in Snow Hill , Md. is nice).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank michael R

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Basic motel, but the employees went out of their way for us. We stayed one night and left our car at the motel while we traveled by air from Charlotte to Maine. When we returned to this hotel after 11 days, we discovered we had auto problems. The shuttle driver, the maintenance guy and the front desk clerk all jumped in to help us make arrangements for a mobile mechanic, rental car, etc. Never experienced this much assistance at a hotel before. We will stay here again. Some of the reviews state a basic motel and yes that is exactly what it is, but it is very clean and the staff is very nice which makes up for updated furniture in my book.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sanfranbound099
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great place for the price - seems to be a safe location as I stayed on the opposite side of the highway where my room was. Seemed pretty quiet and comfortable for the stay length. Gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and when I asked where the ice machine was, he told me it was on the third floor but had bagged iced at the front desk for his guest. Thank you so much. Rooms were ok, bathroom was not bad jus needed new chalking around the tub. (This was and old Fairfield Inn property) The breakfast and coffee were good in the morning. Its a no thrills place but if you wish to have nice place for one night this will do. Property outside seems to be kept up nicely, building might need some painting but other than that, I shall return here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MermanChris
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A basic motel, not worth more than $50/night. OK for our short overnight stay before an early flight, but not an hour more. Rooms are dark and somewhat depressing. Shower handle did not work properly, and I had to pull on it for the duration of my shower to maintain hot water. Wifi was free, but painfully slow and hard to connect to. A plus was being able to print our boarding passes from the business center. Seems like they try to upkeep the place, as it's clean enough, but I would not let my child crawl or sit on the floor here. Everything looks worn and dated. The patrons were somewhat questionable and would make me nervous if I was traveling alone. Not a place I'd feel comfortable or settled. It needs a major remodel, and I wish I could have read my own review beforehand and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank USA808
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just got stranded for two days at this Inn. Overall, it had a run down, slightly dirty feeling. The elevator was stained and gross and the lock on the third floor level was broken. The AC was impossible to get to the correct temperature and basically this place is bare bones. If you get stranded in Charlotte airport, go to another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dockdog
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good location for airport, adequate room and breakfast, nothing special or outstanding. An average hotel close to airport. Staff nice and helpful. Good shower and plenty of hot water. Pool looked OK but we did not use it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jerry_Rita
Reviewed June 25, 2013

In the begin of June 2013, I had some problems with my fly connections, I arrived at the Charlotte airport at 7 am , and my next fly only would only take off at 10 pm. So I searched for a hotel nearby to the airport for rest until my next fly. I found this hotel, with a very attractive price They offered free shuttle which would pick me up at the airport. Besides a very cheap price, the breakfast is very good and the accommodations are good too. There is very cheerful and kind front desk service. The room is clear with comfort beds and clean. Safe location with a few restaurants within walking distance. Free wifi . I would recommend for a short stay. Exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends