“Fits its purpose perfectly and the staff are nice”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #126 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed several times while traveling through Charlotte. It's not a luxurious hotel, more like a large motel with all the keys on the outside of the property accessed by outside veranda.

If you want luxury go elsewhere, but if you want a good clean place to stay overnight, why spend more? For me the value is excellent and I have never had a problem with housekeeping or the front desk.

As a bonus, the shuttle service is excellent and the drivers are very kind and helpful. They will gladly take you to local restaurants, one of which, Miguels, is a superb cheap Mexican spot.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We used this hotel for one night before an early flight. We had booked the park and fly rate and left our vehicle there while we were gone for 8 days. I was a little apprehensive due to all the signs reading "at your own risk" and "not responsible for theft or damage" and the like. Upon our return I was glad to see my vehicle still there, and in one piece! The room itself was fair, bed was not comfortable. Definitely needed a new mattress! For a one night stay, it was acceptable, especially being able to leave my vehicle there and not having to pay extra to leave it at the airport. The shuttle back and forth was efficient and timely.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I arrived at this property fairly large and outdoor nice appearance. When I came in side to check in the desk clerk was no where to be found and this was the night of February 18 2013, when she finally came inside she reaked of cigarettes and then said yo it be a minute I got a finish my call to my boyfriend. So she kept ignoring me for check in until she finished her call on her cell phone. After that she was very rude and condensending! We did not appreciate that one bit and the employee name was roselyn brady i believe.
The hotel rooms were nice and clean. Luxery at the econo lodge. Emaculent rooms spotless. Cozy set up. Soft mattresses. Couldn't ask for a better room. And did I mention the accomedated all my hygeine needs since my shave bag was lost on my fight another plus for this hotel. Great contenental breakfast.
Today I found out I did not receive my points for my stay and a young man took my call, his name was Fred, he was knowlegeble helpful and I must say very friendly and outgoing guy. He helped find my stay add my choice privalages number to it and emailed my confirm with his corrected changes, then helped point me to choice hotels hotline where they had my points added and fixed thanks to Fred stay on line walk you through help. He shows what it is to go above and beyond thanks Fred look forward to seeing next time I stay.

Room Tip: Second floor I love 219
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank andrew w
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Talked to the hotel before leaving and no one did anything. Bugs were in the room, hair was in the bed and wash cloth and towels, very noisy, light switch would not cut off at the bed. Contacted front desk. no one got back to me by any means. Only good thing I can say about this hotel is the shuttle driver. The bathroom was not good, the smells in the hallway, the noise, but the worst was no one did anything.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I just needed a clean bed, a hot shower and a few hours of sleep before taking an long flight early the next morning, instead I got a run down board with the appearance of a bed, drunks having a party down the hall running all night up and down the corridors,.....I did get that hot shower though. I have stayed in many lower prices hotels before but this one I advise you to seriously reconsider staying somewhere else.....I wish I would have!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mrjid1301
Reviewed January 12, 2013

A great place to stay, close to the airport. Very courteous & helpful staff,couldn't commend the staff there more.. comfortable, well equipped rooms, good house keeping, a very nice pool, a small in house gym, an efficient shuttle service & friendly drivers, a fabulous help yourself breakfast choice..plenty to choose from, & all in all, a terrific hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is nice for a one or two night stay. It's not a big fancy hotel but it has everything you need. We took my oldest son to a Bobcats game for his birthday, it was easy to get in & out of. Just wish there was an indoor pool.

• Stayed: November 2012