Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanan airport hotelstaff was friendlywould stay here againice machinecerealmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I really need to get out of the habit of expecting so little from every Econo Lodge. This one was just fine, and better than I expected out of the brand. We were put in a 3rd floor room with an interior corridor (the 1st and 2nd floors are exterior). I like the security of an indoor room a little better.

The service was quick and nice, and the breakfast was just fine. Didn't try out the pool, but it looked alright enough. Room was clean and comfortable, and the location was great, too!

Room Tip: 1st/2nd floors are exterior corridors, the 3rd floor is interior. South side faces the interstate, but trees keep the noise down.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sestevens
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a typical run down econo lodge. But the staff is friendly, they are super close to the airport and you can park there for free for up to two weeks while you travel by air. It was probably as clean as you can get an old hotel that needs new carpets, linens, etc... It's a little loud bc it is near the hwy and guests come and go to the airport at all hours but I slept fine. Bring earplugs or choose a different location if you are a light sleeper. Breakfast consists of typical fare: cereal, muffins, yogurt, OJ, milk, coffee, waffles and I think there was some fruit (apples or bananas).

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our flight was very delayed and we arrived close to 3am. We had to check in through an outside pass through window. We were unable to enter the lobby. The free breakfast was only served until 8:30. The room appeared clean, but had a damp feel and a bit of a smoky smell, although it was marked non-smoking. Good location, minutes from airport and right off I85.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was a little concerned reading the reviews but with the great price I thought I would take a chance. When I arrived the staff was very friendly and assisted me with my requests. The place is an older hotel that was converted into an Econo Lodge. The furniture is dated but the bed was very comfortable, the linens, floor and bathroom was clean. The location is right off the interstate and while it may not be the best area it wasn't that bad, I didn't see any loitering at all. I didn't have any problems at all and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a room at a great rate.

Room Tip: Book on line in advance for the best rate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Arranged to stay here upon recommendation by US Airways after flight cancellation. I have never stayed at Econo Lodge before and wasn't sure what to expect. A huge plus to this hotel was the free 24-Hr shuttle to and from airport. PM and AM drivers were very helpful and friendly and made the flight cancellation experience a little more pleasant. Also good, friendly customer service upon check-in/out. Room was a little dated, but its not a hotel where you would stay a whole week. Perfect accomodations for a night or too. Safe location with a few restaurants within walking distance. Free wifi and decent pool. If you have to stay in Charlotte area on a budget or have a lay-over would recommend.

Room Tip: Busy highway runs alongside backside of property near pool area, I didn't have any issue with noise though. But guess for noise sake best rooms would be at front of property.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo