“Nice, clean, what you would expect”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Ranked #41 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had a one night stay at this hotel while in Charlotte to see a play downtown. When I am with family i like Embassy Suites due to the large rooms and breakfast offerings. Hotel was large and clean. Check in was easy. Pool was good size and not over chlorinated. Down side was that were three large groups staying there as well. Two family reunions and one class reunion. At check in they warned me that breakfast would be backed up. It definatley was. I didn't attempt to go through the made to order line. I wish there was a way to know the info when booking online.
Due to proximity to downtown I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi Nathan M,
Thanks very much for your review of our hotel. I was happy to see your enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you return soon.
Cheers! Kevin - GM

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Clean, security in the parking lot with a cool water fall and nice court yard. Breakfast was very good. The two room suite allowed us to leave the kids in the front and the adults in the bedroom. The Omaha steak restraunt was great.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at this Embassy Suites hotel in August, as I have in the past for a trade show that was located at this property. I found the rooms very comfortable and clean. The beds were good quality, and breakfast and cocktails are included.

The breakfast is fair, better than your Hampton Inn variety, and very good if you visit the fresh omlette station. In fact the two ladies who handled this area were super friendly and returning guests seemed to know them well. I would stick to ordering breakfast fresh from these ladies.

The cocktail hour was OK. Being a wine drinker, their very lopw-end wine cabernet was not to my liking and served very warm, but as a complementary extra, I would not fault this, but just go elsewhere for your coctails if you want something nicer.

Overall, this is an "OK" hotel for business, I would not select it for pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Over all service was outstanding. The Breakfast team was the best seen to date. Great job..... I have one complaint and its industry wide, The double beds are to small, Queens would be much nicer when traveling as a family.. King bed with in the Hilton faimlyare great and very comfortable but when force to have 2 double beds its a little small...

1  Thank Shannon D
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a sparkling clean hotel that has an indoor pool, free made to order breakfast and free cocktail hour, what's not to love. My only caution is that you have to drive to shopping and dining, nothing you can really walk to. However they have a great Omaha Steakhouse in the hotel and the complimentary shuttle service will pick you up at the airport and take you to various destinations.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank crucesaggie

Dear Crucesaggie,
Just a quick note of thanks for submitting your comments to Tripadvisor. I was very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope to see you return on your next trip through Charlotte.
All the best, Kevin - General Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Excellent and Professional staff, Erica Broadway in sales was very attentive to my group and welcomed our family with open arms. The staff in the breakfast area, Ms. Wanda, Toni and Ms. Debbie were awesome, they greeted each guest with a smile and you can tell they take pride in guest satisfaction. Clean property, excellent housekeeping staff.All of the amenities of an Embassy Suites. I would recommend this property to other families seeking a reunion location away from downtown Charlotte but at the same time looking for value and something within a very short distance to all major attractions and downtown Charlotte.

T Thomas-Rogers
Family Reunion Host

1  Thank Tiffany T
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hi Tiffany T,

I really appreciate you providing comments on your family reunion's experience at our hotel. We host a number of family reunions during the summer and I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel. I also greatly appreciate you acknowledging several of our team members. I've shared your comments with each. Hotels are all about service and I'm very fortunate to have a great team. Thanks so much and I hope to see you next summer! All the best, Kevin - GM

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Beautiful lobby / atrium; pleasant staff; all of the amenities. Loading/unloading is a little crowded. As stated before, contacting and finding the hotel were difficult. Restaurant (Omaha Steak) was good, but service was unnecessarily slow & sporadic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business