“Great Staff and Hotel!”

Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great Staff and Hotel!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We attended the Charlotte Uptown Jazz Fest and stayed at this Embassy Suites. The only negative I would have is that there are no restaurants in walking distance and the hotel on the premises is pricey. The ES shuttle bus picked me up at the airport and the driver (Kenneth) was very nice and informative. I asked him for recommendations for good Soul Food and he told me about Nana’s Soul Food which is down the street but about 2 miles from the hotel. It was one of the best meals I had while in Charlotte and ended up eating here twice, thanks Kenneth for the recommendation!

We had tickets but were not able to attend the Manager’s Reception on Friday because the water was shut off for a few hours due to the water company working on the pipes outside. The breakfast was good as usual and it was so refreshing to be greeted by smiling and friendly employees like Ms. Wanda at the breakfast station. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Charlotte.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Albany
Reviewed June 24, 2013

To be fair, I should start by mentioning that I own a small hotel and restaurant too. The nature of my profession most likely is a heavy influence on my opinions.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Charlotte after taking our teenaged boys to the US National Whitewater Center. There were hotels that were closer, but we like ES and the price was reasonable.

The hotel itself is a normal ES with the atrium and amenities. At check-in we were given two rooms that were connecting. I didn't ask for them, but appreciated the effort of the reservation staff and their attention to detail as my online reservation had mentioned we had children with us.

The rooms themselves were the standard suites. Good linens, the mattresses a little hard for me. The husband prefers them that way. The living room furniture is starting to show some age. Nothing visually unseemly, just apparent long term use.

We ate dinner in the Omaha Steakhouse. The hostess greeted us and then disappeared for literally 15 minutes while we stood there waiting. Peaking around the corner, we could see many empty clean tables and the staff was not overly busy. We probably would have walked out but we had been traveling and active for 11 hours by this point and we were too tired to go anywhere else. She returned just as we were about to go upstairs and order pizza. Our server did a good job. She was friendly and attentive. My appetizer of the quesadilla was very good, my husband's calamari was adequate. For my entree, I ordered the pasta primavera and asked for added grilled chicken. The chicken was very good, but the pasta was bland with overcooked vegetables. My husband had the filet mignon which was unseasoned and basic. Overall, the food could have been better. I didn't feel they warranted the prices that we paid. I will pay serious money for good food, but I felt a little robbed paying $100 for an uninspired meal. We were not annoyed enough to complain, so in fairness, they did not have an opportunity to rectify a problem. The service was good and the food came out in good time.

Breakfast in the morning was okay. The ladies at the omelet station were warm and friendly. They served everyone very quickly and the omelets were tasty and a good sized. I would have liked a bagel and some more fruit options that I have had at other ES.

Our boys enjoyed the pool. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi kimebear,

Thank you very much for providing comments on your recent stay with us. I was happy to see you and your family enjoyed themselves. I did take note of your comments regarding our restaurant and have shared them with the appropriate staff members. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope to see your return.

Best Regards - Kevin - GM
Waynesboro, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The only good point from this hotel was the breakfast. The room smelled as if someone has been smoking in it and the air conditioning did not work properly. It was HOT in the room during the night and early morning hours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Hi Ashley S,

Thanks very much for providing comments on your recent visit. I was disappointed to see you had an issue with the odor and air conditioning in your suite. I shared your comments with the team as we daily inspect each room. Please accept my apologies and I hope to have you return soon. Kevin - GM
Paris
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My sister and I went to Charlotte for a concert at the Time Warner arena, and we were looking for a hotel that would be suitable for us and for her two small children, along with my mother, who was babysitting them while we went to the show. This hotel fit the bill in every way! The kids ooh'd and aah'd over the beautiful atrium waterfall, loved the indoor pool, and enjoyed the 2 room suite. The hotel was very close to the light rail station (not really walkable, though- too much traffic). There is a shuttle that takes guests to and from the light rail, which in turn brings you directly to the arena. The room was spacious and comfortable. They gave us free drink tickets for the manager's reception in the evening, and all of us loved the complimentary breakfast. All at a reasonable price! I will definitely stay here again if I get the opportunity.

Room Tip: There are no late night eateries nearby except for the IHOP, so keep that in mind.
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2013

the breakfast here was sooo good. The staff was very friendly and fast with the omlets!The Omaha restaurant was also very good.The rooms were large and very clean.Check in was easy and there was plenty of parking

Washington, DC
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Charlotte Embassy Suites is a modern, clean and relaxing environment that is topped off during your morning breakfast by the friendly and competant service of Wanda and Debra who work wonders at the grill. Their positive attitude is infectious and well represented in other staff as well. Thank you for a restful stay and for getting our day off to such a great start.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wonderful hotel with great staff! Located next to major roadways and easy to get wherever you may need to go while in Charlotte! Staff is happy to help with directions, etc. and recommendations. We had a great trip!