Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
$116
Free cancellation until 06/01
$85
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

$167
$73
Free cancellation until 05/31
$129
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$104
$88
1,466 results
All reviewscooked to order breakfastthe manager's receptionbreakfast staffmorning breakfastcomplimentary breakfastliving roomfamily reunionindoor poolfront desk staffdefinitely stay here againclose to the airportwandalobbyshuttlecouchcarowindsinterstate
Reviewed April 15, 2008

This was a very nice hotel. It looks impressive inside, it's very clean, and the staff is helpful and friendly. There's a free shuttle to and from the airport, which is nice because Charlotte is expansive. All the rooms are suites, and they try to make it like a little home, with a large window that overlooks the atrium. The rooms are all situated to surround the atrium and go up several stories, so everyone gets that view. Our room included:

Living room - large table w/ chairs, one couch, one large chair, one end table, and one t.v.
Hallway - 2 mirrors, sink, microwave, refridgerator, and a coffee maker (I think...coffee's nast, so I didn't use it).
Bathroom - large mirror and sink, toilet, full bath tub with one of those curved curtain rods (nice!).
Bedroom - 2 queen size beds with, like, 100 pillows, closet, mirror with sink, 8 (?) drawers, iron, and ironing board.
There were A LOT of sinks...cool...

The free breakfast was awesome because it's made to order. It's not gourmet or anything, but it's still way better than any other free hotel breakfast I've had. They also have a bunch of other food on carts, like fruit and cereal and stuff. Sometimes if it's busy, they'll have a buffet as well, in case you're in a hurry.

The atrium is really nice, although they were doing some remodeling. It all looks very impressive the way it is, though, but the remodelers didn't get in anyone's way and weren't noisy.

We didn't check out the pool or gym, but both looked small. Hey, props for even having them, I say.

Some minor negative points:

We turned off all the lights every time we left the room in the morning, and when we came back later, ALL of them were left on by the maids. Whatever.

The last night, the people above (?) us were really loud, and we couldn't sleep. We endured it for a while, but then we had to call the front desk on them. It seemed to help though.

The blowdryer in our room was terrible! It was very hot, but very little air came out. To be fair, we never asked for a new one; it could have just been a fluke. To be safe, I'd bring my own blowdryer next time.

Overall, I got a good impression of Embassy Suites from this hotel, and I would stay at another one in the future given the opportunity. I've attached some pictures. I forgot to take them upon entering the room on the first day, so a lot of them have our stuff in the picture, and it looks lived in. Oops. At least I have pictures!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 13, 2008

After a horrible trip to the Florida Keys, we were delayed in Charlotte due to weather back home. Our first night in Charlotte, we stayed in another hotel. After being delayed a second night, we decided to stay here after we realized how close it was to the airport. We have previously stayed in other Embassy Suites and this one was just as wonderful as the others. However, the staff was superb!! They were very accomodating and made our stay be the best part of our vacation. They went above and beyond to help us out and to make our stay memorable. Highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stayed at this Embassy Suites over a weekend. i forgot what the Embassy suites are like during that time period.
This Embassy Suites was well kept. It is clean, and the front desk people are easy to work with. They have a nice reception at night, and the people working it even know how to make a Long Island Ice Tea. Can't tell you if it's any good or not as I just drink beer. Small work-out room, but they have three treadmill machines, some free weights, as well as a cable machine. A nice amenity. The pool are is well kept also.
They have the standard cook-to-order breakfast that Embassy suites are known for, but in apparent anticipation of a large amount of guests that night (Saturday), they had a side buffet ready to go on Sunday morning as well. It had a separate, small line, where you could get eggs, meat, potatoes, biscuits, rather than wait in a rather large line (9:00 am). Nice touch by the management.
The room are typical of an Embassy Suite, and the bedroom walls are paper thin (which is also a trademark of theirs). Which again is typical of the ES construction. About 3:00 am, I was awakenend by the people next door who were "on a roll". Not only did the chatter go on, but everyone needed a shower. I called the front desk about 3:30 am, and they said they would send up security. Nothing happened. I called again about 4:15 am, and the front desk said that they would call and give a "final warning" or words to that effect. It didn't work. The hotel does have some sort of security as they like to drive around the parking lot with their green lights flashing, but I don't think they are allowed into the hotel. And in fairness to them, it is hard to reason with a bunch of drunks at 4:00 in the morning. About 5:00 am, the party finally died. I complained to the front desk the next morning. I had checked in for 3 nights, but after 2 hights, I was done. They were polite enough to comp the room for the second night. It's partially my fault, as after all of these years of traveling, I should know better than to check into an Embassy Suites for the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Had a great stay here. The atrium is nice, with lots of seating areas available, amid the plantings, fountains, and birds. The breakfast was great. The manager reception in the afternoon was very generous and an enjoyable way to relax at the end of the day. It is not near downtown, but takes about 5 minutes to drive there. My room was clean and updated. I always like the larger suites at this chain, and for me that makes staying a bit of a drive from downtown worth it. This hotel gets booked up early. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Heading down South for the Holidays with two screaming kids in the car, lead us to a much needed stop in Charlotte for the night. We called the Embassy Suites (my folks have stayed there before) and were shocked to get a $99 rate two days before Christmas. The hotel is lovely, smells so fresh and clean, and has brand new, pretty linens on the bed. We ate at the hotel restaurant, and though it was pricey, we were thrilled to find a nice meal in a hotel. My two year old and I even swam in the pool before bedtime. It was fantastic. The breakfast in the morning is truly top notch and worth a pretty penny to please two hungry toddlers. The staff was very friendly. Only complaint--they need to change out their cribs with pack and plays. (but the cribs did come with fitted sheets--first we have found in any hotel) We will certainly be back the next time we head home for the holidays.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family