“Very relaxing experience”

Ranked #50 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Dallas, Texas
“Very relaxing experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Breakfast is great. Ample food and quick service. Never waited more than 5 minutes for an omelette. Enjoyed sitting by the waterfall.
Had evening drinks one day. Again quick service.
Gym is 24 hrs and spacious. Many treadmills and other equipment.
Pool looked nice, but did not use.
Parking lot is unnecessarily complicated? Not sure why it has the gates - anyone can enter/exit.
First hotel I had to sign for water bottles when charging them to the room (from their snack bar)?
Great spacious rooms. 3 glass elevators.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bstrvl55711
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hello,

Thanks so much for taking time to submit your review of our hotel. We share these reviews with the entire team and we were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you return in the near future.

Take care, Kevin - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Columbia, SC
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We always stay at this hotel when we have to fly out of Charlotte the next morning. We had
three kids with us so we got connecting rooms so we would have two bathrooms and no headaches getting ready inthe morning. The rooms have two sink areas one in the bedroom
and then the bathroom so no problems getting ready to go inthe morning. The countertops
are granite and rooms include two TVS, sofa bed, frig and coffee maker. We ordered dinner
from the restaurant downstairs and brought it back up. My husband and I walked down to the
bar and had few beers while we waited on the food--our kids are teens. The inside of this hotel
is just beautiful and they even have a heated indoor pool.

Room Tip: For large families request the connnecting rooms ahead of time--it is not guaranteed but we asked i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank beachessc
Hi beachessc,

Thanks very much for providing your comments on our hotel. I was very please to see you enjoyed our hotel and your visit with us. I hope to see you return in the near future.

All the best, Kevin - GM
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I arrived after 7pm on the 11th to check-in. We were in CLT because our 3rd son was about to start school at UNC-C. I asked the guy at the desk, if we could have a late checkout on the 13th (which is today) since my son could not move on campus til 3pm. Instead of just saying politely, "yes, for a fee of $75". He had a nonchalant tone in his voice, and went through how I'd be charged $25 per hour and anything after 3, would constitute in another day's charge...so yeah, you can stay til 3." I was just disappointed that they could not accommodate my family, especially since I explained about my son, and he could clearly see that my husband is disabled (veteran). For the price we paid - staying til 3 should not result in additional charges especially with all the suites they have to offer. WE WILL CHECK-OUT @ 12 TO AVOID $75+ FEES.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Sarejola
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Sarejoa,
Thank you very much for providing comments on your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear we left a negative impression with you. I read your comments regarding our service associate and your frustration when requesting a late check-out. Our team member did not provide the level of service that is indicative of what we work hard to provide all of our guests. Please accept my apologies and I hope to see you return in the future.
All the best, Kevin - GM
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Anytime I am in Charlotte, my husband and I always stay at the Embassy Suites. I've never had one bad experience. The people are friendly and will go out of their way to accommodate. The only really down side is the traffic getting in and out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pclovin
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hi Pclovin,
Thanks so much for taking time to provide a review of our hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your loyalty to our hotel! I hope to see you during a future stay. Take care, Kevin - Gen Mgr
Orlando, FL
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The property and rooms are well looked after. The rooms were very well appointed and tons of room. Breakfast was good and always a great benefit of an Embassy Suites. Unfortunately the hotel was thick of a number of sports groups with kids running the halls well into the night. The parents we not any better. The hotel also allowed a bus to idle all night long outside my window making for a long tiring night. Remember they charge for wifi....it's time for Embassy to provide wifi...

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room by the soda machines....the rooms are tucked away and mo quiet than on the mai...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul B
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hi PaulB,
Thanks very much for taking time to provide comments on our hotel. I was sorry to hear your visit wasn't up to expectations due to noisy children and an idling bus. I've shared your comments with the staff as we do take steps to limit noise for the benefit of all of our guests. Please accept my apology for falling short in your case. I hope to see you return in the future.
Cordially,
Kevin Plucker - GM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I hate to say it, but I was disappointed with my stay here. I have stayed at Embassy Suites in other cities, all of which have been very nice places. I picked this hotel for a business function based on my other experiences with Embassy Suites being good for business events. Well, unfortunately this location was overrun with large groups of teenagers and their families in for some sort of sporting event. The entire place looked and felt like a boarding school or dormitory of some sort, with teenagers camping out in the hallways and refusing to move when other people were trying to get through, riding the elevators up and down, screaming across the atrium to friends, etc. Now, I realize this is more the fault of the "chaperones" of the group but I did not anticipate running into these types of crowds at an Embassy Suites...don't they belong at the Holiday Inn??? Seriously, just being in the common areas of this hotel was absolutely driving me batty with all of the people screaming and yelling and running around, parents of the kids included. Maybe not entirely the hotel's fault but it really put a damper on my stay. I wish I'd been warned that this event was going on, I would have gone elsewhere.

Cleanliness was not up to par. Debris on carpet in room, hairs in bathroom, dusty headboards, lint and debris in corners. Room services dishes were left outside other rooms and not collected for long periods of time. One of the elevators had either spilled food or vomit that did not get cleaned up for the 24 hours I was there: it was hard to tell which it was.

The room was ok but again not what I expected: the sheets and pillows need to be replaced, stained and holes. The dark wood furniture in the room was chipped and worn looking. The bathroom needs a gut rehab. Not something I'd usually complain about but again, not what I expected from this chain nor in a room that cost $200 for one night.

Honestly, I've stayed in Hampton Inns that were cleaner, more comfortable, far more relaxing, and far cheaper than this place.

I really expect more from Embassy Suites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank SunLvr101
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hi Sunlvr101,
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on our hotel. I was disappointed to see you had a poor experience at our hotel. I've shared your review with the team as we always look for ways to improve. Please accept my apology for falling short of your expectations and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future. Take care, Kevin - GM
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the Tryon St Embassy Suites with my girlfriend on a birthday trip. We both agree: the hotel is beautiful, the service is excellent, and the continental breakfast is delicious. I perceive the hotel as aging, but she thinks I'm wrong. Regardless, the lobby, dining area, and our room were absolutely spotless. We asked for late check-out and and were granted, no questions asked. Our perfect stay was crucial to a perfect celebration, and Embassy Suites did not disappoint!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt J
Hi,
Thanks so much for your comments on our hotel. I was very happy to see we accommodated your special request without an issue. I hope to see you return soon. Take care, Kevin - GM