“WOW - This Trip Exceeded Our Expectations!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Ranked #44 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My Wife and I travel to Charlotte each year to visit family for Christmas. The Embassy Suites (ES) is always our hotel of choice. Understand - it is not near our families nor convenient to our needs but the service here is EXCEPTIONAL!

Here's an example - we traveled to Charlotte to St.Augustine on the 22nd of December. The next morning we called the desk at 0900 to ask how late the breakfast buffet would be served and the response was 0900 (Not everyone is on vacation and this is a regular business day!). We resigned ourselves to having missed out on breakfast and gave up. The phone rang less then 5 minutes later and Cortez from the front desk advised they were holding the kitchen for us and to come on down - how INCREDIBLE WAS THAT! This is the kind of customer service that keeps us coming back to the Charlotte Embassy Suites!

Thanks to the Charlotte Embassy Suites for an awesome stay and we look forward to our next visit!

L&J

Miami Beach FL

Room Tip: Request a corner room upgrade
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
KevinCharlotte, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Hi L&J,
Thanks very much for providing your comments on our hotel. I know it's hard to find time in the day and I appreciate your nice review of the hotel and staff. We hope to see you return soon!
Cordially,
Kevin Plucker

Reviewed December 20, 2011

We chose this location as it wasn't too far from I-85, so this was a quick stop on the way home. Parking was a bit bizarre, as there is a parking arm that has to raise and lower to allow you access (yet you don't pay, weird). Parking limited but there is a garage. To exit the property, you have to either drive thru the back or around the front side - due to the limited lot. Be careful, many appeared confused driving on the property.

Check-in was great and efficient. Front clerk was pleasant and cordial, and efficient. Managers Reception was very good and bartender was quick (though I hate plastic cups, but no big deal) and the breakfast wasn't the best I've had at an ES, but good. You pay for internet, which is something I despise, but have come to accept. But why does the rate vary from one ES to the other, and some are free? The lobby offices could use some painting and updating in order to improve outward appearance.

The bed was very comfy, and the rest of the room was typical ES, though a bit worn. No issues otherwise. Shower good temp and water pressure, and clean.

The one item I noted ... at check-in, you have to sign a release stating that you won't have outside visitors in the hotel after 10pm, you won't leave your room door open past 10pm, no running in the hallways, no loud noises, etc. This coupled with the weird parking situation (why the parking "arm" when you don't pay?) made me think that the location is/was an area that gets a bit out of control. It was quiet while I was there, and had no issues with noise, parties, kids, or anything that the disclaimer seems to protect against. I suppose that's the point, but that's the first time I've seen anything like it at an ES. Anyway, something to note, perhaps.

A comfy stay, though certainly not the nicest of the Embassy Suites I have booked. I'd consider it if I was ever in Charlotte, but I'd surely look at other options. Kudos to the front desk staff - the best part of the trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Hi.

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. I appreciate your compliments of our hotel and staff. I also shared your comments regarding our parking and hotel decorum policy with the team. We do ask guests, particularly on weekends, to sign a policy for the benefit of all guests. This helps keep our noise issues to a minimum so all guests can have a restful nights sleep. I hope to see you return the next time you're in Charlotte.

Cordially,
Kevin Plucker
Embassy Suites - Charlotte

Reviewed December 18, 2011

The hotel is eight stories and my request to stay on a higher floor was honored with a seventh floor suite. There are two 32” flat screen TVs in the suite, with about 40 channels available including many in HD. Because of the approximately $10/night Internet fee, I did not test the Wi Fi service and can't comment on its performance as I typically do in my reviews. The area for the manager’s reception and the morning breakfast buffet was large and had ample tables and seating. I usually try to stay at hotels that are within walking distance of at least a few restaurants. There's not much in the area but in researching this hotel I decided that I would eat at the Omaha Steakhouse that is in the property, so I didn’t venture outside until I checked out. The hotel was quiet although in the morning I could hear some noise through the window from nearby I-77 (my room faced to the south). Staff were friendly throughout the stay and with the exception of the Wi Fi fee I was satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank H0lidayr0ad

Dear Holidayroad,

Thanks so much for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear it was a pleasant experience. I value your feedback and hope to see you on your next trip through Charlotte.

Take care, Kevin Plucker - GM

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Staff were extremely friendly and customer service focused. Hotel lobby, fitness center, and room were very clean. Not all of the Fitness Center equipment worked properly, but was able to work out. Had the standard ES happy hour and breakfast. Not much around the hotel to do at night, but if you need a hotel close to the airport, this is the place. Stay downtown if you're looking dinner/entertainment options. Only downside, there was no hot water for a shower on my last morning. Told the desk clerk and got a "sorry".

Room Tip: When you check in, tell the desk clerk you don't want to stay on the side of the hotel with the...
1  Thank aumba02
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Very Nice and quiet Embassy Suites. Very good breakfast area with helpful staff. The shuttle was quite a bit slow the first night but more than made up for it taking us to great restaurants. Managers reception was good snacks were a bit weak though compared to some i have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Hi. Just a brief note of thanks for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you return on your next visit to Charlotte! Take care, Kevin

Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I came down for a conference and had a great stay. Very nice hotel with a beautiful insdie area that was very relaxing after driving down from Upstate NY. I guess if I had one complaint it would be aboput the charge for internet. Todays day and age I would rather they just include it in the price. It seems that charging $9.99 a day seems petty. I know, if you are a Hilton Member of a certain rating it includes the price but still seems petty. Overall a nice stay. One comment all the rooms face into the center atrium. I was worried about noise but actually overslept this morning and almost missed the start of the confernece so noise is not an issue. We are headed to the coast tomorrow for the pleasure part of the trip.

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review on our hotel. I appreciate your comments and hope to have you return the next time you're in Charlotte. Cheers! Kevin

Reviewed October 24, 2011

It had been one of those really challenging trips; late flights, missed connections and bloody Mary spilled all over my tie (turbulence).

Walking up to the front desk my day got better; a young lady named Denisa handled probably the best check in sequence I have ever experienced.

This property is located a 10 minute ride from the airport and provides convenient access to center city.

The property is large but retains an intimate feeling in the common areas. The room size was average for an E/S; the furnishings dated, a bit worn but clean, however the room was dark because of its location in an alcove corner. The amenities (workout room) adequate and well maintained. Food was average; the breakfast area suitable for high demand periods.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding our hotel. I also very much appreciate your comments on Denisa and will pass them on! Take care, Kevin