“Quite area close to downtown”

Super 8 Charlotte Downtown Area
Ranked #111 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

All I can say is this is the worst hotel ever. I made reservations last August for North Carolina in march and I even called them to let them know my husband was in a wheelchair and we needed a wheelchair assessible room. I was told no problem. I showed up to have a few wonderful nights and I was told my husband couldn't bring his wheelchair in the room and they had no other rooms for us. My husband has MS and can't stand. We were 900 miles from home and stranded. They didn't even help with trying to find another room for us. Very distraught and frustrated.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel through Orbitz.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Scraig01346
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in town for the 2012 Belk Bowl. Go Bearcats! Place close to downtown and other nice areas in Charlotte. Disregard reviews which call this place a dump; those individuals most likely wanted an Omni suite at a $40 per night rate--totally unrealistic. No flat screen T.V.s but the bathrooms were nicely decorated and clean--the best part of the room. However, to get the best service check-in during the day because you will get someone who understands and speaks English better than the night staff.

Room Tip: I gave a terrible rating for fitness center and restaurant because there were no such facilities ons...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was a last minute trip due to a family emergency. I found the staff very helpful and friendly. Even when I had to shorten my stay a little and change my reservation the manager was very friendly and accommodating. The nights were quiet and I was able to get the sleep I needed after very hectic days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family