“Nice and not expensive”

Ranked #80 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nice and not expensive”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed there over the July 4th weekend. This courtyard is located in a nice area with several good restaurants pretty close. i dont eat at the hotels so having restaurants this close was a plus. Rooms and lobby were clean and staff courteous. I would recommend it if you are looking for a nice and not so expensive place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Waqas A
Olivia S, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We greatly appreciate the kind words about our property and staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you all back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
evansville
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Clean, no smell, non-smoking. nice lobby, beautiful courtyard with several outdoor seating areas. we did not use the pool but it looked very clean and nice. they have rooms with balconies that face the pool/courtyard. the front desk staff were absolutey awesome, displayed phenominal customer service!! only down side is the breakfast is not complimentary, they have a bistro you can purchase items from, which is very pricy. Several restaurants and the boardwalk across the street, close to interstate, 20 minutes to speedway.

Room Tip: the rooms with balconies are nice, they overlook the courtyard and pool area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frqnttraveler1955
Olivia S, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. We are so happy hear that our staff and property provided you with a great stay. We look forward to having you back in the future!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott because it is one of the Charlotte hotels closest to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. It is one of the older Courtyard buildings but it has been updated and we found it to be very comfortable. The lobby area is very nice and inviting. Our room with a king bed was in great shape and quiet. There are several good restaurants within walking distance. The staff at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob S
Thank you for the great feedback. We are so happy to hear that you were happy and comfortable at our property. We look forward to having you in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I picked this property as I was going to an event at the Lowe's Speedway and this property was pretty convenient. The decor was pretty much up to the current Courtyard standard, which is nothing really lavish, but perfectly serviceable. The bathroom is a good size with the sink separated from the tub/toilet area. There was a small fridge and coffee service in a bar area across from the bathroom sink.

I found the bed a wee bit too soft, which is an unfortunate trend I am seeing at other Marriott-branded properties. The flat screen TV offered almost 40 channels, of which a few were in hi-def. It is standard at a Courtyard to offer free internet, but at this property you only get the slow-speed connection for free and if you want high speed, you have to pay an extra $5/day. Since this was a leisure trip, I let it slide but I would find it really annoying if I were traveling on business and needed a good connection.

The in house restaurant is the Bistro where I had a rather expensive and rather ordinary breakfast (I miss the old Courtyard buffets!). Fortunately, there are many chain restaurants close to the property (some within walking distance) so you have plenty of dining options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and encoutnered a great staff expect for one. I believe her name was Macria. She was quite rude and unprofessional. You could not understand what she was saying which caused irritation with me and others in my party. The rest of the staff was fanastic and thats the only reason I am not giving a one star rating. I will call ahead next time I am staying there and if she is working I will go elsewhere.
Rooms are very nice and comforable. And lobby is beautiful! Enjoyed my first visit to Charlotte other than that minor hiccup.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Olivia S, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park! It is always good to hear from our guests on how we can improve our service. I am disappointed to hear about issues you encountered while staying at our hotel. I have personally reviewed these comments with our associates as we strive to make our guest's stay with us as comfortable as possible. It is guests like you that help us to identify any concerns with our team and make the necessary changes for upcoming stays. Thanks for your comment and we hope to have you back at the University Courtyard very soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2013

From check-in to check-out, the staff here were very friendly, courteous and professional. The rooms are typical Marriott Courtyard equipped and very clean. Located conveniently to nearby restaurants and shopping. I've stayed here before and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob C
Olivia S, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback! We are so happy that you found our staff to be courteous and professional and that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. We hope that you will in fact be back again. If there is anything that we can do to help you with in the future, please don't hesitate to call.
Canaan, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Overall a pretty typical courtyard, comfortable and clean.

I don't recommend the breakfast, which was expensive, very limited menu, and extremely poorly cooked.I had eggs over easy, with sausage, english, and homefries. The eggs were crunchy, the sausage bland, the english burned, and the homefries arrived about 20 minutes late.

You can get a much better meal close by for about half the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business