“Great experience and location”

Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark
Ranked #71 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The room was clean and well maintained. The location of this hotel is very close to a ton of stores, restaurants, and the mall. The downstairs lobby has been modernized and the front desk staff were helpful. Overall, we would definitely stay there again! Great value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

jwalkerr,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. We are located in a great area of Charlotte with SouthPark mall and many great restaurants nearby. I am glad you got a chacne to enjoy some of those restaurants. We will be looking forward to you next stay with us!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I spent 1 night at this hotel while in town visiting. I was very pleased with every aspect. The lobby and bistro look like they were just updated. The location was great in South Park Charlotte, very close to a number of nice restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Front desk staff was very very unclear as to which door I should enter to go to my room. Entered door she described. Wrong! After I carried all my belongings in. Went to front desk. She was very condescending about what her instructions were. Go to the next doors can't get in. Call toll free line get cut off call again they only take reservations can't help. Marriott customers service has just gone down hill and There occupancy seems to be off...that must be why!

• Stayed: December 2013
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

tangotraveler5,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I apologize about the misunderstanding regarding which door is best to enter into the hotel I will work with our front desk staff to ensure that we are giving proper director to our guests as to where to park and enter the hotel that is most convenient and how we interact with our guests. I will also follow up with the toll free line to get them to transfer guests to the hotel so that we can assist you on property since they are unable to help with the situation. Again, I apologize that your experience here did not meet your expectations and hope that you will give us another try next time you are in Charlotte.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

When i first arrived around 4pm I was told that my room wasn't ready it would be ready in 15mins. Now, when I booked I booked the suite. So in 15mins I walk up to the room to see that the room hasn't been started on yet. The maid tells me going to be 15-20mins. I walk back downstairs to let the front desk know, and they acted as if,''Oh well". They had a very stern look on their face as if they weren't going to comp. anything not even extend my checkout time because of this. So, after the attitude i got from the front desk i go back upstairs to see that the room was just attended to. So from the time i walked in the hotel to the time i was able to get in my room, 45mins of my time was wasted. I didn't like that fact at all. The hotel emails me ask me about my stay and I told them the same thing, only to get no reply back as if they could care less. So, this will be the last time i stay here. It's a shame because this is one of the better hotels I have stayed at. Bed was great had a balcony in my room, but oh well. Never again. Just give my money to another hotel chain.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dante,

I want to apologize for the delay in getting into a clean room on your recent visit as well as the delay in our response to you. This is certainly not normal for our hotel. I will review with the front desk staff to make sure they are treating our guests appropriately and ensuring that rooms are available as needed. I hope that you will give us another chance to meet your expectations on your next visit to Charlotte.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Extremely happy with our stay- we will be back!

Check in was extremely fast (took less than 2 min) and the lobby was very welcoming. The bistro/Starbucks was great as well.

The room was clean, spacious and the bed was amazingly comfortable. Having stayed at many other Marriotts, this one by far had the best beds.

The best part was the location. Right near everything we needed including a mall, great restaurants and shopping, minutes from downtown and the interstate- really couldn't ask for a more centrally located, yet quiet hotel.

Top notch service, great room, and excellent location. Doesn't get much better than that.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank ChelseaUT
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Traveled to Charlotte for a wedding. Loved the City, enough traffic lights and easy traffic so we were not hurried (always a stop to help us keep our bearings!) We have stayed in Marriott's from California, Hilton Head to St. Thomas and in between. This was the best -- very friendly, helpful staff from the moment the door was opened for us and we were welcomed in. The restaurant/bar was superior AND after our first visit we were called by name for the rest of our stay. I really felt at home. The courtyard was a great place to have a cup of coffee or a drink. Shops and restaurants just outside the courtyard were 1st class. The rooms were Marriott clean and appointed, excellent. Didn't realize some rooms have balconies until checked in but would ask for one in the future. We will go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I just returned from a business trip in Charlotte. The meeting was in the South Park area of town which led to to stay at this Courtyard. It had been several years since I had visited this property. I was very pleased with the stay. Although the building is not new, it has obviously been renovated and was extremely clean. The new lobby is well appointed and offers a number of nice touches, such as private flat screens in the restaurant area. Most significantly, the level of service was outstanding. From the front desk to the housekeepers, everyone had a friendly service orientation. I will be back and would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: The first floor was very quiet.