As a gold rewards member & loyal customer to the Marriott brand I was not impressed with this hotel for the following reasons.
1. Hotel is currently under renovation & I was not notified prior to check in.
2. Housekeeping placed water bottles that were already opened 3x during my stay.
3. Fire alarm in restroom went off due to "steam" and I had to hop out the shower in my towel and ask if I should be evacuating.
4. Keys were continually demagnetized & upon request to get new keys, front desk associate gave me attitude.
5. Room service from The Bistro was very slow.
6. I stayed in a Suite & the bedding for the pull out couch was not in the room upon arrival.
7. No luggage racks in room.
8. Parts of the hotel that are not renovated (ie hallways & elevators) are old & not well kept.
I called with my complaints upon arrival & GM called me to discuss the issues; she offered free breakfast due to the aforementioned inconveniences. Even though this was a nice gesture, it was not satisfactory compensation for the inconvenience and is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth about Courtyards. On the last day of my stay, I went down to discuss the sanitary concern with Housekeeping for continuing to place opened water bottles in my room and he did not offer new water bottles nor show empathy for the situation.
I will NEVER stay in this hotel again and be sure to take up my concerns with Marriott customer service directly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood hotel near Carowinds is just minutes from downtown Charlotte at the junction of I-485 and I-77. Its convenient location offers easy access to the Charlotte Convention Center, Fort Mill, SC and attractions such as Carowinds Theme Park and the Billy Graham Library. Business travelers to this Courtyard Charlotte, NC hotel can take advantage of thoughtful amenities and flexible work space with complimentary high-speed internet. Business Parks such as Whitehall, Red Oak and Arrowpoint are minutes away, plus the Charlotte International Airport (CLT) is just 9 miles from the hotel. Families on vacation can relax in our outdoor pool, have breakfast and/or dinner in The Bistro, and enjoy the always friendly Marriott service. For those looking to plan a seminar, meeting or event in Charlotte, the hotel offers 1,200 square feet of flexible meeting facilities. We look forward to welcoming you to the greater Charlotte area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood Hotel Charlotte
- Courtyard Charlotte Arrowwood
- Charlotte Marriott
- Charlotte Courtyard