“Step up your game, Courtyard!”

Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood
Ranked #46 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Step up your game, Courtyard!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

As a gold rewards member & loyal customer to the Marriott brand I was not impressed with this hotel for the following reasons.
1. Hotel is currently under renovation & I was not notified prior to check in.
2. Housekeeping placed water bottles that were already opened 3x during my stay.
3. Fire alarm in restroom went off due to "steam" and I had to hop out the shower in my towel and ask if I should be evacuating.
4. Keys were continually demagnetized & upon request to get new keys, front desk associate gave me attitude.
5. Room service from The Bistro was very slow.
6. I stayed in a Suite & the bedding for the pull out couch was not in the room upon arrival.
7. No luggage racks in room.
8. Parts of the hotel that are not renovated (ie hallways & elevators) are old & not well kept.

I called with my complaints upon arrival & GM called me to discuss the issues; she offered free breakfast due to the aforementioned inconveniences. Even though this was a nice gesture, it was not satisfactory compensation for the inconvenience and is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth about Courtyards. On the last day of my stay, I went down to discuss the sanitary concern with Housekeeping for continuing to place opened water bottles in my room and he did not offer new water bottles nor show empathy for the situation.

I will NEVER stay in this hotel again and be sure to take up my concerns with Marriott customer service directly.

Room Tip: Gold members get free upgrades.
Green Features: Hotel may become more environmentally-friendly with renovations.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Erin J
Lindsay N, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hi Erin J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay. This is how we learn and grow in the future. My team and I pride ourselves on customer service and I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

As a Gold Elite member with Mariott we truly appreciate your loyalty and hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future, giving us a chance to rebuild your confidence in our hotel.

The hotel completed a full hotel renovation last year and we believe the outdoor patio will be the final touch. Luckily, it is in its final stages and all that is left to do is lay the patio stone. Hopefully, you can make it back to see the finished product opening just in time for pool season!

I have followed up with my housekeeping and engineering team in regards to your other concerns and am certain they will not be a problem again in the future.

Thanks again, we value your time and feedback. Let us know next time you re in town and we will make sure we have a luggage rack in your room prior to your arrival.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel was walking distance to the office. Very quiet and comfortable hotel. Would highly recommend. Friendly and helpful staff too. Was a great value for the price.

The only knock was that the fitness room was really small with only a couple of treadmills. Not enough for a hotel this size.

Only had a bagel for breakfast the next morning, but it was good and the service was fast and friendly.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor overlooking the courtyard. The courtyard was under construction, but i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Rhonda L.,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood! Thank you for the great review! The next time you're here I hope you'll have enough time to enjoy a full made to order breakfast, we have several to choose from in our Bistro. We hope to see you soon.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and spent two nights at this hotel. Don't judge a book by it's cover because while the outside is a little outdated (they are currently working on renovations), the inside is modern, clean, and comfortable! You can tell they have put a lot of time and money into completely renovating the entire hotel, and we could not have been happier with our stay. The lobby was spacious and beautifully decorated, as were the rooms.

The customer service at this hotel was perfect, every person we encountered went out of their way to help us. While they were doing renovations on the pool area/outside of hotel, we did not hear any noise and it did not disturb our stay at all.

The location of the hotel is perfect, right next to the highway and walking distance to fast food for a quick bite.

I know that the next time I'm in Charlotte, I won't look anywhere else, I'll be staying at the Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood! Don't miss out on this great value!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and ice machines if possible-- those were a bit noisy and wok...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Courtney P,

Thank you for your awesome review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and did not mind the courtyard renovation - which will be completed within the next few weeks. We look forward to seeing you again when you're visiting Charlotte from Winston Salem.

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend (Friday through Monday) on my own. Check-in was fast and easy, and Tim was very friendly and took the time to explain things about the hotel. The courtyard area was under renovation while I was there, so I can't comment on that. The room was clean and had great features, including a sleeper sofa, a mini-fridge, a rolling desk, and nice-size HD TV. Many outlets throughout the room, including by the bed, were great. The only drawback was the "free" Wi-Fi. While it is technically free, it's only really good if you're doing basic things, like checking e-mail, or searching for things. If you want to stream music or shows/movies, it costs $4.95/day. This is only the second Courtyard property I have stayed at, the other location didn't have different levels of Wi-Fi accessibility. Hopefully this isn't a new thing that is rolling out, it would really deter me from staying at Courtyards. As for the location, it is right off of I-77 and next to multiple fast food locations, but there is little noise. The lobby looked nice and spacious, but I didn't use it. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear knw781,

Thank you for your great review & for staying at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood! We appreciate your details of our hotel and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the internet, we offer the two tiers for our guest as a bonus option. The free internet is throughout the hotel and complimentary to everyone but we know some guests prefer a faster connection than what is offered by our complimentary internet, which is why we offer the $4.95 internet which is 3X faster than the basic internet. However, if you are a Gold Elite or Platinum Elite member with Marriott the $4.95 fee is waived and the faster internet is complimentary as well. I hope this helps for the next time you're visiting with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you're in the Charlotte area!

Mason, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stopped on our way from Cincinnati to Pawley's Island. We were only there for about 10 hours, but everything was great! The girl at the front desk was very nice and efficient, our room was a nice size and very clean. We asked for a rollaway and it was delivered within a few minutes. Would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear ShonDave,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the wonderful review! Hopefully the next time you are in the Charlotte area you will chose to stay with us again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for one night while traveling alone.
Very clean hallways, room was spacious, clean and well kept.

Bed was very comfortable and clean.
The room had a mini fridge, nice sized desk with plenty of outlets to charge all my devices overnight.

The lobby has a Bristro with limited hours of breakfast and dinner. Plenty of seating for small groups inside the lobby.

I saw one small banquet room setup for a meeting.
I would recommend staying here. 10 seconds off I-77 just south of Charlotte or a few short exits before Charlotte if going north.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Brian R
Dear Brian R.,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the great review! Our property offers 2 meeting spaces to accommodate our guests so when you are back in the area, and if you need a space to host a meeting, feel free to let us know. The Bistro hours for our guests are M-F 6:30AM-9:30AM and Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM-10:00AM for breakfast and dinner is 5:00PM-10:00PM every day. We hope you will choose to stay & dine with us the next time you are in the Charlotte area.

cary
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Went there for a tennis tournament. Check in was easy even though they were busy with the ciaa tournament. The staff were very courteous, rooms were clean, and the place was kept very quiet. The location was great with Starbucks, jack in the box, Cafe South (serves home style meals including breakfast) right next door.
I guess with the recent renovations, I couldn't see a big difference between this Courtyard and another Courtyard I recently stayed in Daniel Island, South Carolina. This hotel will be my first choice again next year's tennis tournament.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank johnkim575
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Johnkim575,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and plan to return to stay with us in 2015. See you next year!