One of the nice things about Courtyard properties is that you can count on some basic features always being there -- in-room fridge, free WiFi, breakfast available. This Courtyard is especially nice.
Everything about the property feels new and up to date. The rooms are relatively spacious and comfortable, the desk is roomy and the desk chair ergonomically comfortable. Lots of accessible electrical outlets including on the light fixtures over the nightstands on either side of the bed. (My room was a King Bed room.) The room was also very quiet and I got a couple of very good nights' sleep there. And you have your choice of either free WiFi or a reasonably priced $4.95 upgraded WiFi that allows you to stream video or use it for other high bandwidth needs. I took advantage of the upgraded WiFi and it was excellent.
The staff is also exceptionally nice and solicitous. I was asked about my preferences for high vs. low floor, courtyard vs. parking lot view, etc., and was given a free (small) bottled water with a couple of pieces of candy and a coupon for $5.00 off dinner when I checked in.
The bed was very soft (which I like -- some might find it too soft) and comfortable, with the upgraded Marriott Courtyard mattress. (Courtyards used to have very thin/flimsy mattresses, and these upgraded mattresses are a welcome change.)
My only disappointment was the in-room coffee maker. I used to be able to count on Courtyard properties having a "real" (i.e., 4-cup) coffee maker in the room, which is important to me because I'm so picky about my coffee that I travel with my own coffee rather than use in-room hotel coffee. It would also be important to those who prefer to make tea or who use the water heating feature of the coffee maker for making soup or hot cereal.
This Courtyard has an unusually small single-cup coffee maker in the room with tiny "hot cups" (if I had to guess I would say the cup is 4 - 6 ounces), so even using the coffee maker to heat water for tea or for my own coffee took two rounds of water heating to make a sufficient amount.
Other than that, this is an outstanding Courtyard property and I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends or to stay here again when I'm in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood hotel near Carowinds is just minutes from downtown Charlotte at the junction of I-485 and I-77. Its convenient location offers easy access to the Charlotte Convention Center, Fort Mill, SC and attractions such as Carowinds Theme Park and the Billy Graham Library. Business travelers to this Courtyard Charlotte, NC hotel can take advantage of thoughtful amenities and flexible work space with complimentary high-speed internet. Business Parks such as Whitehall, Red Oak and Arrowpoint are minutes away, plus the Charlotte International Airport (CLT) is just 9 miles from the hotel. Families on vacation can relax in our outdoor pool, have breakfast and/or dinner in The Bistro, and enjoy the always friendly Marriott service. For those looking to plan a seminar, meeting or event in Charlotte, the hotel offers 1,200 square feet of flexible meeting facilities. We look forward to welcoming you to the greater Charlotte area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Marriott so you can book your Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood Hotel Charlotte
- Courtyard Charlotte Arrowwood
- Charlotte Marriott
- Charlotte Courtyard