“Great value for the Dollar”

Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood
Ranked #42 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed again at this Courtyard Marriott & again I was very Impressed. For the dollar You can't find a better place. Easy access everywhere. They cafe was very tasty. All in All I will continue to stay there on my trips to Charlotte.

• Stayed: May 2013
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear John B,

Thank you very much for your great review! We appreciate the fact that you chose to stay with us at Arrowood Courtyard when you visited Charlotte and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood

Reviewed May 16, 2013

As many other reviewers have stated, there are no surprises here. When I stay at Courtyards around the country, I expect to see the newest lobby layout, consistent service, good rooms, and no distractions. That is what I received in Charlotte. The front desk was friendly and easy at check-in. There are two fast food restaurants nearby and a full Starbucks (better choice than at the lobby).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Hello MyasisDragon1,

Thank you for choosing Arrowood Courtyard for your stay! We hope when you visit again from Maryland you will chose to stay with us.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am a frequent Marriott guest and when in Charlotte I stay at the Courtyard. Always ready for me with my courtyard view room. Employees are top notch- Friendly and professional.Breakfast is hot and quick, rooms are always clean, workout area is small but it works.Would like to have complimentary coffee back in the lobby but no big deal. Close to many restaurants and easy access from 1-77

Hello Dennis B,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Arrowood Courtyard and we hope we will see you on your next visit to Charlotte!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

All Courtyards are generally the same, the difference being whether they have had the recent facility upgrades. What distinguishes this one is excellent service, and good location. There is another Courtyard closer to the airport, if that's all you need. This one is close to the outer beltway, which makes it easier to get around the area.

As for the staff, they just do a little bit more. At the front, check in is as easy as it can be, and people always asked if there was anything else to be done (not delivered as if it was from the manual either). At their bistro food place, they actually went as far to say what dishes were better than others (I won't say which they told me not to have). I find that very helpful.

One ding would be the fitness room. Like most Courtyards, it's way to small. If I'm outside of downtown Charlotte, especially to the south, this is where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Our group had some people with outside rooms. I'm told inside, courtyard view rooms (like mine...

Hello Membermaine07,

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review! Our property was completely renovated as of December 2012 and we are very proud of it. Thank you for choosing Arrowood Courtyard and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed there for one night and I found the check-in to be a breeze with the gentleman assisting me making conversation about where we were from, good restaurants in the area, etc. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfy with great bedding. We got a tip to visit the Cafe South down the street and we found it to be a great place for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Great experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Leslieblk,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! We are happy you chose to stay at the Arrowood Courtyard and we hope we will see you again on your next visit to Charlotte.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We over-nighted at this property on a trip from Canada to Kissimmee, FL for a Disney family vacation. I reserved two rooms for a one night stay going, and two rooms for the return trip.

We arrived after 9:00 pm after a very long drive. I was greeted and told that there has been a computer glitch and the reservations got messed up. When I reserved the room I had requested the two rooms be adjoining or at least side by side. I was told upon arrival this was not possible. I was told the best they could do was rooms on different floors. When I asked if there was anything better, I was told that was all they had. The front desk attendant seemed to be uncaring, unhelpful, and most concerned with being rid of me. His foreign accent also made it difficult to communicate with him.

To contrast this with our return visit, I messed up the reservation as we arrived a day early. The same gentleman that served me above was on the front desk and I purposely avoided him. I went to another attendant and had a completely different experience. I was told my reservation could not be found. I gave him the reservation number and was told it was for tomorrow night. I was planning for the worst when I was told he may be able to do something for me. He asked me for some time while he did some work and managed to find us two rooms side by side, and the points would still be honored. He did this all while asking me about our trip, where we were from, and getting to know me. This is a true hospitality worker, and he redeemed what could have been a bad situation.

This Courtyard is a newer property, very clean and quiet rooms. There is an outdoor pool that was covered, as it was late April. Food is standard Courtyard fare.

The only other complaint I would make is that the beds were not up to Marriott standard. As a platinum member, I have stayed in a lot of Marriott properties. The bed in the first room had a dip in the mattress, and the second bed felt like it had a sponge mattress. No firmness whatsoever. After a long day of driving, a good night sleep is all one cares about, and It did not happen at this property.

This property is convenient to the highway making it easy to find for road travelers. I would not likely return to this property when we travel to Florida again next year

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard for less noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hello BruceS911,

We apologize for the inconsistent service you received during your check-in process for each stay. Our goal is to provide excellent hospitality to our guests at all times and we are working with our staff to ensure this is met, even though there are times where we fall short. We hope you will give us another chance because we would love to have you and your family stay with us again when you are passing thru on your way to Florida next year. Thank you for choosing Arrowood Courtyard for your stay and as a Platinum Elite member we appreciate all that you have done for the Marriott brand.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice clean room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Several restaurants within walking distance. Easy access to the interstate. Enjoyed the balcony's view of the pool. Nice hotel to stay for just a night or a vacation. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Courtyard_Arrowood, Director of Sales at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Hello Skinsfan8052,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Arrowood Courtyard and we hope to see you again soon!