“very clean but................”

Ranked #45 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Durand, Michigan
“very clean but................”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

had nothing but problems for 3 days there. very nice hotel with a great front desk staff except for Mitch - some kind of manager. He promised to move us into a handicapped room (as my cousin could not use a tub). Took our suitcases and stored them and when we got back that night, there were no handicapped rooms! had to move back into the same room. Did feel sorry for the people who had to run interference for Mitch. next day, same thing. They did apologize and gave us each a free bottle of water!!!! I would stay there again ONLY if this guy was gone.

1 Thank judishia
Courtyard_Arrowood, Director of Sales at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hello Judishia,

I want to first Thank You for choosing the Arrowood Courtyard for your stay! We apologize for any inconveniences you & your family had while at our property. We try to accommodate all of our guest requests but at times we are unable to, and for this I apologize. Our hope is you will not let this situation deter you from visiting us the next time you are in Charlotte. We have a great staff and if you choose to stay with us again we want to make your next visit such a great experience that it will make your past stay a distant memory.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here a Thurs night thru Saturday during our kids Spring Break to visit Carowinds. The hotel is close to Carowinds and Downtown. Everything we visited was a quick drive up I 77 and easy to find. The hotel was clean and updated very nicely. The staff was very helpful and concerned for their guest. The only complaint would be that the hotel sites online pics of the rooms are misleading. The room was the tiniest hotel room we have ever stayed in. It was 15ft in width at most shoving in a full dresser, love seat, and King size bed. The walls of the hotel are very thin but they were not busy when we stayed so we didn't get much noise, you could hear a clear conversation in your room from the hall. The room was very clean and updated nicely, every room has a balcony with patio furniture, this was nice for morning coffee. This hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast which was disappointing ( our room had a mini fridge so we asked for closest grocery store and bought a few boxes of cereal and milk which worked great). However we kept hearing from staff about The Bistro Restaurant in the hotel. We took a few laps around looking for the restaurant before we realized it was in the lobby just a small Starbucks and few pre-made sandwiches, also disappointing. This hotel overall was immaculate, the staff was extremely helpful and kind (especially when our 5yr old lost her front tooth and they assured her the Tooth Fairy knew where their hotel was). We would definitely stay with them again if returning to Carowinds this Summer.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor as the walls are thin.
Hello Aarisensmom,

We appreciate the fact that you and your family chose to stay with us during your visit to Carowinds! We have larger rooms for families - king suites or double bed suites offer guests more privacy as well as space because the bedroom & living room areas are separate. If you return to Charlotte we hope you would choose to stay with us again and try one of our suites for your family. For dining, we have several restaurants in the area and our in-house Bistro offers a variety of items - wings, salads, soups, hamburgers, and sandwiches. Hopefully you and your family will give us a try one night of your next stay!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and we would do it again! Excellent service, value, and clean. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms which came in handy with 4 suitcases, golf clubs, and hockey equipment. The staff was hospitable and friendly. Thanks for making our stay memorable!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Yiottajb,

Thank you for your great review of our property! We are glad you choose to stay with us and we are even more pleased to know we made your stay memorable. We hope when you are in town again you will stay at Arrowood Courtyard.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel during my kids spring break. The check in was ok. I had purchased room through priceline.com and got stuck with a king size room and a pull out. There were 4 of us in our party. The hotel was booked completely so they couldn't give us a double. Found out last day they had roll away beds but it was never offered at the time of check in. We made it work but it was tight. Rooms were very clean. We asked for extra towels each day and we received a sweet note from our maid letting us know she would get us anything we needed. She left the room with extra cups, shampoo and coffee for us all to enjoy. She put my kids toothbrushes in a little glass cup by the sink so it wouldn't be laying on the counter all day. Our room was cleaned early and when we returned from our activities each day it was ready for us all to relax. She did an OUTSTANDING job with housekeeping. The hotel was booked with large groups of kids who were rude and running the halls all night long. This was not the hotels fault but it was a major distraction. I was not a fan of The Bistro that served a minor selection of food. Starbucks coffee served. The food was expensive and with the huge number of children demanding to be fed ASAP we left the building to eat ALL meals. After returning from dinner we wanted to pick up some dessert to take back to our room from The Bistro. They had 2 choices....some old brownies under a glass case and there was some kind of crumb cake or cobbler thing? Never really found out. They were pushing the wine and drinks at bar. I feel this is a huge mistake! We wanted a dessert and couldn't even get one of those. They do have the marketplace where they sell candybars...but that isn't dessert. The old days of courtyard had free fruit upon arrival and coffee in lobby in the mornings. The rooms were nice and modern and clean. Set up for the business executive not families. Only one employee working at checkout at 10 am in the morning. It was a slow painful process. Finally, when you check in to hotel they put $ 20.00 a day charge on credit card for incidentals?????? I asked the clerk why so much? He had an answer not worth repeating but made me feel like an idiot. I am hoping my credit card will have the 20.00 a day charge credited back to my card. This is just another thing I will have to check on to make sure I am not paying for. Is it really that hard for employees at hotel to take cash from people buying stuff at the hotel?

1 Thank clrmar15
Hello Clrmar,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Arrowood Courtyard for your family's stay. We appreciate your wonderful words for our housekeeper - our housekeeping staff likes to go above & beyond customer expectations at all times. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced - the rollaway bed & the Bistro dessert. We try to accommodate everyone during their visit and I am truly sorry and I hope these instances will not deter you from staying with us again. Regarding the incidentals fee, it is a mandatory fee we authorize each of our guests and they have the option to pay $100 in cash, which is returned at check-out, or $20/day, which falls off the card within 5-7 business days.
Again, thank you for your kind words and review and we hope you will choose us again! Feel free to contact the hotel directly for future bookings and we will do our best to fulfill your requests.

Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this property. I really like the renovated Courtyards because they have the large rooms associated with the older properties but have the new, updated decor. Check-in was easy. Finding the elevator to my room was more of a challenge since it was quite a hike from the front desk. Once I started parking over on the side, it was easy to find. Since my room was a distance from the lobby, I never bothered trying the bistro. It was easier to go out and there is a drive-thru Starbucks a few yards away.

I have to admit that I slept better in that big, comfy bed than I had in weeks. It was incredibly comfortable and if I could recreate that experience at home, I would do so! I never heard plumbing or noise from the other rooms which was really nice. I also appreciated getting the automated thank you email from the manager upon checkout. It's a very nice touch. This will be my go-to place when I need to be in Charlotte.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Glassgal,

Thank you for choosing Arrowood Courtyard for your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at our property and I would have to agree with you about the beds - very comfortable! I hope you will return and stay with us again soon and get the opportunity to try out Bistro, we have a great selection.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Always loved Courtyards but they are no longer on my list. This hotel was average. The towels are flat and rough...they have horrible coffee by the cup in the room instead of the carafe from earlier. Gone is the delicious buffet breakfast which we were willing to pay for... not even a cookie available for an evening snack. Better to stay where breakfast is included and towels are soft!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello Shelley C,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Arrowood Courtyard. The Courtyard brand as a whole is removing the free coffee offered to guests in the lobby - some hotels are removing it sooner than others - because we now offer Starbuck brewed coffee in our Bistro. The buffet, another staple for past Courtyard guests, is no longer being offered because of the dining options offered our new Bistro. The Bistro offers a variety of breakfast options from cook to order breakfast, for guests who have time to sit down and dine, to our grab and go breakfast for guests who are on the run.
We hope you will give us another chance to show you the Courtyard brand is not declining but is evolving. We appreciate our guest and strive to make every experience a great experience and if you are ever in our area again we would love for you to give us another try.

ohio
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel. The lobby area is very modern and relaxing. The staff was great, they went out of their way to accommodate our special requests. The only negative thing are that the internet is terribly slow, and trying to get a signal on my Iphone was nearly impossible from my room and sketchy at best in the rest of the hotel, and no free breakfast. I used a AAA discount, which saved some money, so for the price it was great. Everything in the room seemed to be clean. It was not fancy, but clean, updated and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Cgillus,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Arrowood Courtyard. We have made many changes in the past 6 months and to know our guests appreciate the updates is wonderful! There are still a few kinks to work out, i.e. the internet, but we are striving to make sure everything is working at 100% and our guests are satisified. Thank you for choosing the Arrowood Courtyard! We appreciate our guests and we hope it continues to show.