“Run run as fast as you can” 1 of 5 bubbles

Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum
Ranked #134 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersGold level
Indianapolis, IN
“Run run as fast as you can”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband and I were returning from our honeymoon, and were on an overbooked flight out of Charlotte. We volunteered to give up our seats so others could make it home for Easter. Plus US Air offered us free travel vouchers for another flight within a year.
First off the shuttle never showed up to pick us up. My husband looked up the number via the internet on his phone. The guy came right away to get us. The van was in poor condition and smelled awful. When we got to the hotel I was in shock. There was bullet proof glass on the check in window and the door to the outside locked so unwanted people could not get in. However, there was only one employee so when he went to the airport to get people he just propped the door open so guest could still get in. Ok here is my point...if it is so dangerous they need bullet proof glass and a locked door after dark why leave it propped open when staff is gone!!! That makes you guest very unsafe with anyone able to enter undetected.
However, the worst part was the room. My husband and I always check out the mattress, beds, etc before we get settled. These mattresses were beyond awful. They were stained and had what appeared to be dead bug shells on them. This was easy to notice since the sheets were about half the size they should be, and did not fit at all. Not to mention the bedding. The bedding is at least 20 years old. This place is so awful Days Inn should be ashamed to own it. I was so freaked out by the room and the safety of the hotel that I called US Air insisting they move us to another hotel. It was almost midnight and there was no one to help us. My husband and I checked out at midnight and walked down the road to a Springfield Marriott. We had to pay $100 of our own money, but it was the best $100 I've ever spent. We are hoping to be reimbursed by the airline, but I'm not holding my breath. US Air should also be ashamed to put people here. Based on the other reviews we were not the only ones they have dumped in this dump. They don't use this hotel for their flight crews so why should they use it for their customers. We did them a favor by giving up our seats because THEY overbooked the flight.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelnfoooo1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
CHARLOTTE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I stayed at the DAYS IN CHARLOTTE AIRPORT during the weekend of CIAA. And even though i didn't have a reservation the front desk personnal helped me out. For what i paid for a three night stay was in my price range. the room were neat and clean. Everyone who worked that weekend should be commended. I enjoyed my stay there and will be back next year!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

I am confused with mixed reviews. I personally had very good experience staying there. I live in Raleigh, NC and went to charlotte to spend my long weekend with my friends. I found the staff very helpful. The driver was on lunch break and I needed a ride to pick up my friend from the airport. The manager himself drove me there to pick up my friend who was flying from Kentucky. The service, stay, quality of rooms were excellent. I recommend this Days Inn too all my friends.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

I was not that happy after reading reviews but we had no options but to get it because of the price and location. I stayed here for a night. Staff was very friendly; room was spacious, free internet and complimentary breakfast. I really liked it and I would go back. Excellent price

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaraAbrar
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

I'd call this place a dump, but the Dump Defamation League would be mad because dumps are nicer. This place should be torn down. The sheets did not fit on the bed. Others stuck here by US Airways ("Useless Airways" one of them said) complained that they had no water in the shower. Oddly, the staff is pretty good. I got a call at 7:52 to confirm that I was going to be on the 8:00 shuttle. Check-in was fast enough, the van driver pleasant and check-out person very nice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DonGoesDigital
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

Like many other people, I was also dumped here after US Airways cancelled my flight. The staff was very friendly and sympathetic towards my situation. However, this hotel was a complete dump. It was dirty, smelled and had some very shady people roaming the halls. I was awoken around midnight to sreaming and then by the police arriving, arresting a man in the hallway outside my room, who apparently hit his wife during an argument. Should have just slept at the airport...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

I booked a room at a Days Inn at 601 Tryon Street In Charlotte. And I must say EVERYTHING there was terrible. When I first got there to the front desk as I came Into the building It SMELLED BAD!!!! Then they charge you $6 bucks a day for parking?? How ludicris Is that??? I NEVER heard that In all my life as much as I have reserved rooms at other hotels. Anyway, when I went to my room the linen on the bed looked and smelled dingy. The bathroom DEFINITELY needs to renovated. There was mold around the basin of the tub. The toilet tissue holder was broke and left on top of the toilet with maybe 7 sheets of toliet tissue. There wasnt enough towels for everyone. The furniture looked like they got It from a thrift store or a yard sale. And they have (get this) complimentary breakfast?? But with the smell I could not even begin to eat anything there because It smelled so bad!!!! I wouldnt recommend anyone to book a room at that place. It's a bit ghetto, and a lot of homeless people hangs around that area. If you want a decent room on Tryon road you may have to go more uptown and spend a little bit more for a room that looks and feels good to sleep In. But hey I got what I paid for, so I definitely learned my lesson.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends