“Surprise Charge” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Waynesville
“Surprise Charge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was delighted to find a hotel near the Charlotte, NC, airport where I could park my car for 2 weeks while I was traveling to visit family in CA. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the my bank account and $500 had been debited from my account to Baymont Inn and Suites without informing me that it would be done. But the main problem was that the front desk employer had no knowledge of this happening or why. If a hotel is taking that much out if the customer uses a debit card, someone in the company should have knowledge of that action. I even called their national customer service number and even that person had no knowledge as to why it occurred. Inform you employees if it is your policy to do so.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm extremely sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced with credit card charges. As you said you used a debit card, in this case, the hotel only authorizes the amount you are supposed to pay, we don’t hold any extra amount. However, if you are using a gift card, it is different from the debit or credit card, it automatically hold extra amount which eventually get credited back you account. If there is anything we can help you with, you can contact the hotel directly at 704-394-3381, or email at baymontclt@yahoo.com, so we can look into your account to see what exactly is going on with the charges.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kalispell, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

If I could give this hotel a lower rating I would. I was held up at the airport due to a mechanical issue with my aircraft so US Air put me up in this hotel. I am not sure why they would send their customers to this hotel but that's for another review. This hotel smelled of smoke and was ran down to the point that it really needs a complete renovation. If I was with my family we would have left and found another hotel but I decided to suffer through it as I only had four hours to get some sleep. While waiting in line for my room three different people came down to complain that they were put in rooms that were already occupied. There was a child of one of the employees playing a violent video game in the main lobby on the TV hung on the wall for all the customers to see. Not what I would have wanted my children to see if I had my kids with me. There was absolutely nothing professional about the accommodations or employees at this hotel. I have so much to complain about that I didn't even bother as I figured what't the point. Do as I did and vow to never go to this hotel. You will be happy you avoided it!!!

Room Tip: Best tip is to get a room at another hotel!
1 Thank TravelBrainstorm
Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very concerned when I read your review, as it certainly is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I would like to apologize for all the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me, so I can be of further assistance to you. It is important for us to make sure all our guest leave satisfied. You can contact the hotel directly at 704-394-3381 and ask for a manager, or email at baymontclt@yahoo.com. Again, we do apologize and thank you for making us aware of this your experience.
Kissimmee, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our flight was cancelled and the airline booked us overnight at this hotel. The shuttle only runs every hour, so we crammed in there, I sat on my husbands lap in order to help other people fit. Luckily, I was first in line to check in, but I'm sure the people near the end waited a good half hour or more as there was only one person at the front desk. Our room had a strange smell like they tried to make it smell clean or something, I'm not sure. We walked down the road (no sidewalk) and across a main road (no crosswalk) to get to the Sheraton for a drink, as our hotel had no bar or restaurant. The shuttle at the Sheraton was nice enough to bring us back. Our room was clean enough and the beds were okay but the smell was terrible, and it was noisy in the morning. We were told the night before we could have an hour late checkout but we still had 3 or 4 people come to the door so we didn't get any extra rest. If I ever get stuck in Charlotte again I will ask that the airline put me somewhere else.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing about the issue that occurred with your stay. It is important to me that our guest is satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I'm extremely sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced because of the noise and the shuttle. I would like to speak you regarding your experience, as I would like to assist you with the inconvenience that you have mentioned. I can be reached at 704-394-3381 or you can email me at baymontclt@yahoo.com. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The peeping of the fire monitoring all night, coupled with the dead roach that I had to share the room with made for a sleepless night.
The hotel has great location for the airport, but all in all, it wasn't fantastic.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tony W
Amar P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm extremely sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I want to let you know that we take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your comments will be looked into. If there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Ok Room had Problems, But that wasn't the fault of the Hotel Staff. We arrived a little Late and took a suite down stairs. Apparently the night the day before some people rented the suite and had a Party there, Being a No Smoking room the thought dismantling the smoke detector would be a good idea. Do I blame the house keeping staff for missing it? Of course not I only noticed it the next day on checkout. and notified the management. when we checked in we noticed an odor, as I said it was late, we investigated and found tucked away in a cabinet was a trashbag full of beer cans and perishables Again should I blame housekeeping? I think not!! A good guest would leave something like that in plain sigh. Rooms are cleaned and inspected but don't tell me you clean and check under your bed EVERY day.
Anyway all our "complaints" were corrected immediately by the front office staff> Thank you very Much Jacola Byrd for the pleasant Stay.
BCW

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review and I am very sorry your stay was little disappointing. However, we appreciate your comments about the service our staff had provided – Jacola will be excited to hear your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte!
chareston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overall i had a good stay i had a early morning flight so i decided to go Baymont because of the low price online. The Hotel has been renovated recently and have flat panel Tv's as an added bonus. I parked my vehicle and was shutled for free to the airport ,> very close to airport only took 5 minutes to arrive at departures. i paid 60 odd dollars for a 1 night stay and i will make a mental note of this hotel for future visits. I would like to thank Mr. Shah for being extra nice and hospitable. Good job on the renovation you GUYS.

Room Tip: ask for renovated rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about your recent stay with us! I am very happy we were able to meet your travel needs- from parking to staff service. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte!