“Stay somewhere else”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kissimmee, Florida
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our flight was cancelled and the airline booked us overnight at this hotel. The shuttle only runs every hour, so we crammed in there, I sat on my husbands lap in order to help other people fit. Luckily, I was first in line to check in, but I'm sure the people near the end waited a good half hour or more as there was only one person at the front desk. Our room had a strange smell like they tried to make it smell clean or something, I'm not sure. We walked down the road (no sidewalk) and across a main road (no crosswalk) to get to the Sheraton for a drink, as our hotel had no bar or restaurant. The shuttle at the Sheraton was nice enough to bring us back. Our room was clean enough and the beds were okay but the smell was terrible, and it was noisy in the morning. We were told the night before we could have an hour late checkout but we still had 3 or 4 people come to the door so we didn't get any extra rest. If I ever get stuck in Charlotte again I will ask that the airline put me somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing about the issue that occurred with your stay. It is important to me that our guest is satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I'm extremely sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced because of the noise and the shuttle. I would like to speak you regarding your experience, as I would like to assist you with the inconvenience that you have mentioned. I can be reached at 704-394-3381 or you can email me at baymontclt@yahoo.com. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The peeping of the fire monitoring all night, coupled with the dead roach that I had to share the room with made for a sleepless night.
The hotel has great location for the airport, but all in all, it wasn't fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony W
Amar P, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm extremely sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I want to let you know that we take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your comments will be looked into. If there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Ok Room had Problems, But that wasn't the fault of the Hotel Staff. We arrived a little Late and took a suite down stairs. Apparently the night the day before some people rented the suite and had a Party there, Being a No Smoking room the thought dismantling the smoke detector would be a good idea. Do I blame the house keeping staff for missing it? Of course not I only noticed it the next day on checkout. and notified the management. when we checked in we noticed an odor, as I said it was late, we investigated and found tucked away in a cabinet was a trashbag full of beer cans and perishables Again should I blame housekeeping? I think not!! A good guest would leave something like that in plain sigh. Rooms are cleaned and inspected but don't tell me you clean and check under your bed EVERY day.
Anyway all our "complaints" were corrected immediately by the front office staff> Thank you very Much Jacola Byrd for the pleasant Stay.
BCW

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review and I am very sorry your stay was little disappointing. However, we appreciate your comments about the service our staff had provided – Jacola will be excited to hear your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte!
chareston
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overall i had a good stay i had a early morning flight so i decided to go Baymont because of the low price online. The Hotel has been renovated recently and have flat panel Tv's as an added bonus. I parked my vehicle and was shutled for free to the airport ,> very close to airport only took 5 minutes to arrive at departures. i paid 60 odd dollars for a 1 night stay and i will make a mental note of this hotel for future visits. I would like to thank Mr. Shah for being extra nice and hospitable. Good job on the renovation you GUYS.

Room Tip: ask for renovated rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about your recent stay with us! I am very happy we were able to meet your travel needs- from parking to staff service. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte!
Boiling Springs Sc
Reviewed August 18, 2013

i have stayed here at least a dozen times this past year. i did have 2 bad nights, one was during the renovation where several issues came up, but all were resolved after contacting the front desk, and another night when several people were loudly arguing in the hallway, and fighting in their room. the police did stop the disturbance.
all of my other stays have been decent, my room has always been clean and quiet, i did have an issue with the a/c not cooling the room quick enough after checking in on a late hot afternoon.
the staff have always been friendly and helpful, especially the desk clerk "reba".
about the best suggestion is that they need a night security officer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you are our regular guest. Please be assured that the feedback from you and our other guests is valuable to us for determining how we can improve our hotel. Thank you for your comments and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.