Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum
Ranked #143 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 1, 2013

i was sent here by us ariways. if i had read the reviews first about this place beleave me we would have not stayed here even if the air port sent me there. i changed rooms three times because the rooms were dirty. us airways dose not need to send people to this place because of the trafficing and the othere things that are going on there. i have stayed at baymonts and this is no baymont maybe a motel 6. my 1st room i found dirty towels in bathroom. and shower was used. then the 2nd room dirty sheets blood on them and dirty towels. 3 rd room it was a little better but a rubber was in the floor i told the front desk about this so they could let someone know. but i have reported this to corp. office i also called to speak to a manger thay always need to take a message for manger. i saw things going on in this place so i know the airport realy dont know of. take my work pay $20 more and go to the springhill or sharronton rooms are better and cleaner.

Room Tip: it states on the internet that its fenced in and a pool no so. please dont stay here. manger is race...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for your response. I am extremely sorry for the difficulty you had during your stay. We apologize for all the inconvenience. We try our best to make sure everyone is comfortable and happy during their stay, I understand you had alot of housekeeping issues and I would like you to know that we do not keep our hotel dirty we strive each and everyday to make sure, it’s clean and smelling good, please come back and visit us and you will see the difference.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 12, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Amar P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Reviewed January 4, 2013

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 29, 2012

United sent a bunch of us here when we flew in late n missed our last available connections. Larry, at the reception desk, was very nice, informative, and patient with all of us checking in.
My room, however, was terrible! The curtains didn't close, being a single female made me VERY uncomfortable. Furniture was very dusty and uncleaned because I found parts of earrings lying on the bedside table from previous guests. Carpets need swept badly! Neighbors were loud until 2:30am. In the morning, I sat up in bed n saw a brown stain of some sort on the comforter...and a clump of dark hair weave!! that must have been under the duvet when I went to bed. It was definitely NOT mine due to I am blond wih natural hair... How the housekeeper missed it when they made the bed, I have no clue. Breakfast was decent.
Overall, I would not stay there again even if they paid me to.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Amatetto626
Amar P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

We apologize for the difficulty you had during your stay. We will also take this issue to the housekeeping staff, so that we can avoid such issues in future. Once again we apologize for all the inconvenience.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I just stayed at the Baymont Airport in Charlotte and was extremely disappointed. If my stay had been for anymore than one night to pick up my grandaughter at the airport I would have moved to a different locations. I was dissatisified in many ways:

1. Bed edge so weakened that you could not comfortably set on it or even sleep on it without moving into the middle of the bed.

2. Had to literally hold the plug in the socket to use the microwave.

3. There was no toilet paper in the room - in fact, there was no toilet paper holder in the bathroom. There is a box of kleenex in the bathroom beside the commode.

4. No cups in the room of any kind in the bathroom or with the coffee maker.

5. One bag of coffe in room and that was decaf. Note, again there were no cups available.

6. Drain plug in bathroom was very rusty.

7. Used shuttle to go/come back from airport. I was given a number to call when ready to return to hotel. Called number numerous times with no answer and finally called the 800 number - corporate. I was told they would contact hotel and get right back to me. After waiting 20 minutes, I tried the hotel again and the phone was answered. I was told that they had phone problems but would send the shuttle. After a long wait I called again and was told they would check on him. They did call back and said that he was there and didn't see us while we were standing where we were told to be. Driver finally showed up and his first comment was he had seen us as he drove by and did come back to pick us up. I will add that I did received an email today from the manager apologizing for this mixup.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Thomas S

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize for all the problems with the room and the shuttle. We take each and every response very seriously. Your response will help us improve better which will help our future guest.