Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

When other plans fell through I was lucky to find the Baymont to accommodate a large group earlier this month. This property recently changed owner and management and is almost completely renovated. On my first visit to the property I saw brand new Simmons Beauty rest Mattresses being delivered that on my most recent stay were Very comfortable. You could tell that the carpet and paint were all brand new as well as the drapes and Linens. while I never had any problems with the air conditioning I noticed the delivery of brand new units for every room. New televisions and phones were also there. The staff was nothing but extremely helpful. The hotel also had a new health department "A" rating (95 out of 100) The shuttle service was great and for being an airport location I noticed no airport noise at all. The breakfast was also a well stocked continental with numerous options.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Amar P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for providing a feedback. We take each and every response very seriously. Your response will help us improve better which can help our future guest. We hope to accommodate you in future. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please contact us 704-394-3381.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Terrible, terrible place ... avoid at all costs it really is just not worth it!
Dirty, smelly, old fashioned, noisy, roach infested, mouldy, terrible customer service, non-existant shuttle service to the airport, non-existant breakfast ... need I say more!?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you received during your stay with Baymont Inn and suites. We are in process of upgrading entire hotel. Please accept our apologies. We will be finishing renovation very soon.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The deal was a room for the night, shuttle service to and from the airport and free parking while we were gone. The room was definitely prefect as my primary requirement was cleanliness and a decant bed. This hotel has brand new beds. It seems like the hotels is going through renovation. Although the hotel is going under renovation, the rooms looked very nice and clean. The staff was helpful in answering our questions like the shuttle and parking, and provided us with a wake-up call. We did not try the breakfast as we needed to leave for the airport prior to 6AM. This hotel is close to the airport which is great and the shuttle service worked out well. It is only ten minute ride and the driver even loaded and unloaded our luggage for us. We were instructed to call for the shuttle on our return and given a number and info on where it would pick us up. I called and the shuttle arrived after about ten minutes which seemed reasonable; again, the driver loaded and unloaded our luggage. There is no area set aside for parking, anywhere in the lot is fine, but you have to fill out a form listing your car make, license plate etc. We parked our car under a light near the front desk and it was fine on our return...we were away ten days. I would surly recommend this hotel. It is an airport location. It was a great deal....a room, shuttle and parking for ten days for around $50!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Amar P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to providing a feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The halls look run-down and the place smells awful. Our first room (we had to change rooms) smelled like body odor and the bathroom was not cleaned. There was urine left over on the toilet seat from what we assumed was the previous customer. Drawers were missing from the furniture and the headboards were glued to the wall and uneven with the beds. After changing rooms, we had to kill the biggest roach we had ever seen. The toilet seat was peeling and reeked. Neither shower looked as if they had a decent scrubbing. The man at the front desk refused to call the manager (as it was already 11pm) and could not refund us our money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Amar P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We are under major renovations and will be done shortly. Once again we are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please don’t hesitate to call us at 704-394-3381. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Paris
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nobody should pay a penny to stay here! I only wish I had checked out the reviews before I made a booking!!!

1. The guy at the front desk just stared aimlessly at me as I struggled to carry my suitcases through their very tricky front door. He no attempt to help me, even though I'm a woman.

2. When I asked the guy at the front desk for recommendations for a restaurant downtown, explaining that I just needed a general idea of where to go to for my GPS it took him literally about 5 minutes to understand this very simple request (his English was absolutely dreadful). Then he just kept directing me to look at brochures, even though I'd clearly told him that I'd never been to the area and just needed some very basic advice.

3. I HAD TO CHANGE ROOMS 4 TIMES!!! The first room would not lock from the outside - no good for leaving my luggage there. The second room's door was getting jammed so I couldn't shut it enough to lock the door, and I actually got trapped inside for a while. It took the front desk guy hitting it with his full body weight to get it open. The third room's electricity wasn't working on all the accent lights (and they dared to say it was my fault for supposedly plugging in my laptop, even though I'd never plugged anything into that room.) The fourth room's electricity socket didn't work, and wasn't the layout I'd requested. At 11pm I just gave up. Most of this happened between 10pm - 11pm at night, and the front desk guy expected me to wait for maintenance to deal with the electricity, despite having had a long travel day! When I finally got into bed in the final room he then disturbed me at 11pm on the phone to ask me about the electricity in the prior room. Unfortunately it was far too late for me to go anywhere else at this point.

4. The corridor smelt AWFUL, the paint on the doors was peeling off, and the paint on the bathtub was peeling off. They told me my room was non-smoking, but it stank like smoke.

5. The air conditioning machine in my room was extremely loud - like trying to sleep next to a hair dryer.

6. The manager was nowhere to be seen throughout all this, and they weren't even able to get her on the phone, not that night, nor the morning afterwards.

I called the chain's customer service to ask for a refund after the front desk guy refused a reasonable refund for all this hassle (he offered me 10% - approximately $4.50 for the hotel night from hell!) It took me a half hour to get through. They said they would contact me that day to let me know what progress they'd been able to make with the manager as they don't have the capability to do refunds, but I never heard back from them. I tried calling again, but they weren't picking up.

This hotel is supposed to be under new management. I don't know how bad it used to be, but the only hotel I've been at that was worst than this was in Mexico, and five times cheaper. If you have the choice between staying here and sleeping on the sidewalk, I'd seriously recommend the sidewalk.

Don't spend the $50+ they are charging per night - it's borderline a con. You wouldn't pay more than $10 in a hostel for this kind of crap.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here!!! Find a decent hotel - not this one!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank V F
We want apologize for the inconvenience you received during your stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites. Your experience with Baymont Inn & Suites was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Baymont Inn & Suites promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every day. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Please accept out apologies. We are under major renovations and will be done shortly. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please don’t hesitate to call us at 704-394-3381.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We reserved 2 rooms in advance, since the Baymont Inn website said it was recently completed. When we got there the rooms they assigned us were supposed to be non-smoking & when we went to put our luggage in, both rooms smelled of cigarette smoke, the halls were dirty & carpets in the rooms & hall were not vacuumed, the doors off the hallways had lots of large paint chips, and generally dirty. They let us look at 2 other rooms which did smell clean but the beds were hard & that hallway was also dirty. We told them we were choosing to go someplace else. The staff were very nice & said the remodelling is far from done. We did get our reservations cancelled, but their printer was not working so they could not print it off for us. We are trusting that the cancellations went through & our credit cards will not be charged. Don't stay here, no idea about insects, but it didn't look promising.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sandy821
, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
We are very sorry for your unhappiness with your experience with Baymont Inn & Suites. Under our new management, we are aware of those issues and correcting them. We are currently under renovations and will be finishing shortly. If you would call hotel at 704-394-3381, we would be happy to answer any of your questions.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 21, 2012

If you have a choice between sleeping in your car or staying at this hotel, choose your car. This hotel reeks of mildew. Our room had paint stains all over the carpet. The room is dark and dreary. The carpeting was peeling away from the walls and the wardrobe was broken. Some of the linens were dirty. The hot water did not work. The only highlight was the free shuttle van to the airport, which was clean and on-time. When we tried to contact the General Manager, no one answers the phone and the email address bounces back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RickyBobbie
We are sorry for your inconvenience with Baymont Inn & Suites. We are under renovations and will be done shortly. We already finished painting all the rooms. Last week, we started changing carpets and will be done quickly.