“Horrible place to stay. Thanks United.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum
Ranked #137 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersGold level
“Horrible place to stay. Thanks United.”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We got stuck here because of a late flight and ended up very dissapointed all around. United put us up here for free but it was a dirty hotel. The sheets were dirty and headboard on bed was broken and laying on ground, girlfriend found a dead cochroach, just disgusting overall. To top it all off we were promised a ride to the airport in morning through their shuddle service and there guy was "busy" taking other guests and was going to be a half hour ans then we had to pay for a cab. Very unpleasent.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank BANDERSON1386
, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
We are sorry for your inconvenience with Baymont Inn & Suites. Under our new management, we are aware of those issues and correcting them as soon as possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We were driving home from Disney World and needed a place to stay for one night, and Charlotte was pretty much the halfway point. This was the only hotel with a rate less than $100, so we booked it enroute through a service, and I wish I had read the reviews before doing so. The place is a dump. We did not see any nasty bugs, but the place was definitely worn and not the cleanest. The worst part was someone else actually coming into our room at midnight! I have no idea how this happened, and I told them I didn't care if it was an accident. We checked out, which took forever since they were having computer problems. First they gave me the wrong receipt, until I explained to the clerk that my last name is not the first name of the person on the wrong receipt. The place is noisy, the staff is unkempt, and it seems like it is just in a bad neighborhood. I am writing this as we are fleeing the place and I feel like I need a shower. STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Read reviews first and stick with the major chain hotels. The extra money is well spent.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed one night, March 27, 2012...My boyfriend is a truck driver and rarely ever complains about anything, but even he said, after only being there for an hour, he won't ever go back! This location is on his list of approved properties, but he plans to let them know "it's a dump". The van picked him up from the airport, which was a plus, but when he arrived they are in the middle of a renovation or name change. Some of the material in the room had Days Inn on it and some had Baymont...he wasn't sure where he was staying. He could see where they have replaced the carpet in the hallway, but the room he was in was old and run down.
This morning when he needed a taxi to go to his job, the desk clerk told him to call his company and they would set it up...he's done this before, he simply needed a taxi. Needless to say, he located a # for a local cab and called himself.
He told me to make sure I take this property off his copy of "Approved Hotels" list, so he doesn't ever make the mistake of going back there!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I usually give budget hotels a break. They are after all, budget hotels. But I cannot in this case. Holes in the wall, a phone with the buttons ripped out, burns on the furniture, unclean, a musty smell I still cannot get rid of, and the strangest looking bug I have had the misfortune of every seeing. Don't waste your time.

However, the front desk staff was nice ...

Room Tip: Don't choose is your only option.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We got stuck here by US Air when our flight was cancelled, and they did not even pay for it, just gave us a "discount Rate" of $58/night. No one should pay a penny to stay here. The "shuttle" (aka unmarked gray van) took forever to pick us up in the airport. Then we waited forever at the front desk while they tried to figure out if they had any rooms. The first room they sent us to already had people in it, who we walked in on and probably terrified at 11:30 p.m. on a Tuesday night. The second room's door would not open. We are now sitting in the gross-smelling third room writing this review. IIICCCKKK!!! Do not stay here. It smells and the room was approximately 100 degrees when we walked in. US Air are jerks.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Absolutely the worst place ever!! Sink would not drain, clothes rack hanging off wall, dresser drawer fronts hanging off, only some of the lights worked (not bulb issue), filthy, roaches crawling all over, chair so bad I would not sit on it toilet seat unattached on one side. Wanted to go back to airport when I saw the room but front desk told me they shut down the airport at night. Was a lie. Met 2 other people that US Air put there due to mechanical problems and they had the same experience as we did. We left the lights on all night due to roaches and I would not sleep in the bed and put our luggageon the bathroom vanity hoping to keep bugs out. Left at 4am to sit in the airport, was much better!!

Room Tip: go elsewhere!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank miznv
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I parked in this dump (through GlobalAirportParking.com) for 3 days because I flew to California to see the family. When I arrived, the stereo, speakers and the battery were stolen. The guy incharged did not know what was going on and he only said "we are not liable for any damage or stolen property", so I called the police and made a report. The police mentioned that this was not the first time that happened that week, in fact was the 11th time. The overall experience was horrible and the service (shuttle, customer service etc) was the worst I have ever experienced.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo