“You can choose better”
Review of Golden Green Hotel

Golden Green Hotel
Ranked #123 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 11, 2010

You can choose better...I chose this hotel because it was next door to the Bojangles arena. It was a business trip and I had read a few reviews and decided that it could not be that bad...I was dead wrong. The carpet was filthy w stains, you never really felt safe w the other guests, boogers on the wall next to toilet paper holder, hole around the shower head pipe was exposed(and so were you if there were a camera behind the wall) and did not have collar, found a half drank McCafe frappachino in my fridge, candy wrappers by the handfull next to the bed and the SMOKE FREE building WREAKED of smoke! (I had to shut off the A/C at night to not die in my sleep from second-hand smoke) I guess the topper, besides the smoke was when I had gone to grab for the iron and iron a shirt for the next day, I had grabbed for the iron and my hand touched on a pair of wet balled up panties that had been just recently thrown up by the iron!!!!!!!!!(I too heard the Pyscho music playing when my hand brushed them). Guess what management did????? Took $10 off my bill and sent me off with some vegetarian snacks.....You can choose better

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank fourseasons24
There are newer reviews for Golden Green Hotel

Reviewed November 3, 2009

Not sure what the last guy was talking about. In town fork work and this place was great. Good value, clean, great service and AMAZING location. I was a block from the Arena. You can skip the cab and walk to everything you might need. I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I wouldn't even let my dog sleep here! The people running this hotel don't know what they are doing. The water is filthy and the building unfit for habitation. It's like staying in the Third World in a 1 star dive!!!

• Stayed: April 2009
5  Thank charlie3444500
Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Super 8 Charlotte Downtown Area
#112 of 178 in Charlotte
Continental Inn
#113 of 178 in Charlotte
Second Ward
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown
Montclaire South
Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel & Suites

Been to Golden Green Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Golden Green Hotel

Address: 3024 E Independence Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28205-7037 (Formerly Independence Hotel)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Suites
Ranked #123 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Price Range: $65 - $80 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Golden Green Hotel 2*
Golden Green Hotel is located on E. Independence Boulevard next to Ovens Auditorium within walking distance to Bojangles’ Coliseum and The Park Expo Center. The hotel is newly renovated with clean, quality rooms and meeting / Banquet facilities for up to 210 people at affordable prices. We offer Daily and Weekly pricing. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Golden Green Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.