“Quick Lunch while Shopping”
Review of Pizzeria Omaggio

Pizzeria Omaggio
Ranked #126 of 2,894 Restaurants in Charlotte
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely Amazing. We had a calzone, cheese pizza and an arugula pizza. Service awesome, food awesome. My son said the calzone was the best one he has every had. Definitely Recommend.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (64)

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Visiting my now ex South African based daughter and her family and although they are regulars the food is a delight. Daniel thank you for the most wonderful Anti-Pasti and desserts were simply sensational! Great authentic pizzas and will for see you again when I back in Charlotte next year. Geoff from Johannesburg South Africa

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Geoff W
Reviewed July 31, 2019

My Manager ordered 3 Regina Margherita pizzas to go. By the time we received them there was traces of cheese and three pieces of basil on each pizza. When I called to speak with them about this they explained that the cheese "disintegrates" over time. First of all, I have never heard of cheese "disintegrating" and Over time???!!!! It took my coworker 5 minutes to pick up the order!!!! Daniel stated that had we dined in the restaurant the cheese would have still been on the pizza???? There should be a disclaimer for "to go" vs "dine-in" stating that the Quality will be poor or subpar for "to go" orders. I work in Customer service at an Uptown Marriott hotel and I am used to a certain level of customer service and service recovery. No refund was offered or anything to make this experience palatable. Needless to say We will not be referring guests here nor will we be adding this establishment to our list of favorites.

Date of visit: July 2019
3  Thank Sherry G
Reviewed July 1, 2019

Went online to check out which pizzeria in Charlotte was rated #1. Pizzeria Omaggio was the top of the list. So we went there for an early dinner.
Our Venezuelan waitress was friendly and helpful.
Based on the reviews, I wanted to try the Margherita Pizza. Knowing it was super thin Italian style, we ordered a second pizza: Calabrese (at the suggestion of our waitress) with N'duja.
Folks, if you like thin crust Italian pizza, this is THE place in Charlotte!
The Margherita Pizza was nearly perfect. Have not had one this good since being in Italy a year ago! Great crust, tasty sauce, just like the old country (I prefer a little more fresh basil though.)
The Calabrese Pizza with the 'Nduja spice on it was better that I could have ever asked for. I should'a taken a photo of that pizza.
What is nice about thin crust pizza, you do not have that bloated, stuffed feeling afterward like regular pizza.
Our waitress suggested the Tiramisu for dessert. Of course we followed her advice. Again, she was spot on. The chef did a great job on that item too!
Overall, I love this place. Got to chat with the owner for a bit.
We are here in town for a couple weeks. I guarantee we will be back a couple times more to try other things on the menu! There is a reason this place is #1!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

We just stopped in Charlotte en route yo exuma bahamas and was amazed at ambiance, ingredients, service - feel at home!! Pizza, particularly pasta and arugula pear salads to die for. Not to be missed. Definitely worth it!!! 5 stars!!

Date of visit: June 2019

Been to Pizzeria Omaggio? Share your experiences!