“Good food but pricey for what you get”

Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: French, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Sharon Road
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The restaurant is pretty big and is really nice inside though the exterior is pretty cookie cutter in a strip mall. The food is served a la carte and we were told by our server that everything from dressings to breadcrumbs is made from scratch in-house. They are a farm to fork concept, with most of it being local. The portions vary so if you're very hungry ask whether a side is necessary.

I had pork spare ribs, slaw, frites the ribs had a great flavor I have no idea what kind of vinegar they were done in but it was very unique! I loved it but I must say the ribs themselves seemed very fatty and not an amazing quality but they were made to perfection! The fries some yelpers bragged about were just ok nothing special but not bad. My brother ordered the spice rubbed & smoked wings. Talk about flavor wow they were smoked to perfection I ate two of them before my brother was ready to stab me with a fork! The only problem is its 12 bucks for an order of either 10-12 not sure so very pricey! So all in all a good visit is remember you are paying high dollar for your meal.

For desert we ordered the coconut cake and the & caramel cake w/caramel sauce, praline gelato, both were really good above average quality and taste. I would say all in all this place is worth your time to give a try I really liked everything about it even if it a little price especially since the ribs had a flavor unlike any i have ever had!

There are newer reviews for Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Jenn at the bar is the bomb! Granted we do come in frequently but she takes great care of us and the food is absolutely awesome!!!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

On a business trip a colleague recommended this spot for drinks after work. It was described as a sports bar so we were expecting it to be more casual than it actually was. The bar seating was not great and the drinks were pricey...NO happy hour. The drinks and service were both good but it was a bit pricey.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Roosters has fabulous food and wine. this New Yorker says Roosters made the best pastrami ever. Roosters can be very noisy. Now with live music on the weekends, plan your visiting time accordingly.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stopped at this restaurant on a visit to Charlotte and it did not disappoint. I had the duck wings as an appetizer and were very good