“Good food, but ala carte drives the price up”

Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: French, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Sharon Road
Reviewed December 19, 2013

First, have to say the waitress was awesome (Ashley). The atmosphere and location of the restaurant is also great. That being said, I believe the "price tag" suggestion for how much the menu is is a little misleading. While the food was good, it was ala carte and side items were an average of 7-9 dollars. This drove the price for the meal up considerably. If you have wine or beer expect to top 100 dollars easy for two people.

What was good:
The Flounder special was great that my mother ordered and I had the hanger steak which was also delicious. The special came with some side items included and the vegetables that came with it were good. The steak came all by itself and I chose the anson mills grits w/bacon. The steak was cooked perfectly and had a great sauce...Honestly, I wasn't too crazy about the grits. They were a little too coarse for my taste and not enough bacon...Not sure if it was onions or something else that drowned out the taste of the bacon...but NOTHING should stop the awesomeness that is bacon in food. Otherwise it's a great place!

There are newer reviews for Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Roosters makes fabulous wood fire roasted chicken. It's so juicy they serve it in giant soup bowls. It's always perfectly cooked. The skin is crispy and the white meat is super juicy. I'm usually a dark meat fan, but here it is a true contest of which I like more. Rooster's menu is very varied and changes according to the market. Sides are great. There's an extensive wine selection. Years ago they made the best pastrami ever! Did this New Yorker just say that, yes. It's a little bit pricey, but it's always a treat to go there. Highly recommended for the food, atmosphere and location

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were having a birthday celebration and Rooster's Wood Fired Kitchen provided something for every taste. Three had the roasted duck breast and raved about it. Two of us had the Mushroom Fregola - also an excellent choice. We 'shared' several veggie options including fire roasted beets, grilled asparagus, and an assortment of cheese and olives. Each and every item was top quality, perfectly cooked and over the top with flavor. The wine list also offers a wide variety and provided the perfect toasting beverage. Rooster's is a great place for special occasion celebrations.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Dined at Rooster's for the first time before the Eagles concert at Time Warner Arena. Great venue, good food and friendly service. Loved the eclectic menu choices. Definitely will make this restaurant a "pre-concert" diner selection in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Ate here on a weeknight in September as part of a medium business group. This review might seem odd but I didn't eat my dinner because it just wasn't good. So why the 5 circles? I ordered the duck. Two others ordered the exact same meal. They raved over their meal, gave me a "what is wrong with you" look, tried my duck and again professed its deliciousness. I never complained to any staff member since the issue was obviously me. The waiter apologized twice, the manger apologized, comped my meal even though I pleaded for him not to, offered to bring me something else, also free... So needless to say, the service was outstanding and to everyone else in our group, the meal was outstanding. I would absolutely eat here again.Sometimes, it is just me.