“Entertaining Service Quality Portions and Prices”

Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Sharon Road
charlotte,nc
“Entertaining Service Quality Portions and Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have eaten here regularly for a wonderful entertaining meal for the last 4 years. Even though we do not care for the prices and the entree portions and having to order a la cart - we keep going back! My wife loves the wings and mac and cheese and corn. I like the fish and trying several appetizers. We always sit at the corner kitchen seats watching the chefs and the service is always a+.

Visited November 2013

“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

No doubt about it, Rooster's offers a unique dining experience. The restaurant is beautiful, and I really liked being able to look right into the kitchen. I also felt comfortable about the food we ate, as I knew that it was locally grown and raised. Not only was I eating fresh food, I was helping the local economy.
What I didn't like was the menu. It offers no descriptions of anything, not even the size of the steak (which was quite small for the price). However, both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would go back.

• Visited October 2013
North Carolina
“Consistent quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

You can read my old review elsewhere on Trip Advisor. We came here last week for our anniversary. As always the food was top-notch, which is why I finally bumped my rating up to 5 stars, something a Charlotte restaurant rarely gets from me. Yes I had the duck confit again - I tell ya it's tough to get duck consistently right and Rooster's always gets it right. It was all I could do not to the lick the plate. Hubby had the chicken, which he pronounced delicious. Our server suggested we try the homemade duck sausage as an appetizer. I prefer hard Italian-style sausage so was leery, but we caved and tried it. OMG. Wonderful, flavorful, not overly fatty. Once again the corn and beet sides were spot-on. We had wonderful, attentive-but-not-in-your-face service and the noise level was quite acceptable. Of course we'll be back. Make this a date; come with grandma and the kids, come with friends. All are appropriate. Bring lots of money. The a la carte menu adds up quickly.

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Great chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

nice atmosphere with excellent quality of chicken and vegetable sides. Uptown and Southpark locations are both great and consistent quality.

Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Roosters Wood Fired Kitchen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

This lively place near South Park has some excellent menu choices, along with a very well chosen wine list to match. As the name implies, most of the menu items are roasted over a wood
fire. The charcuterie sampler, olive sampler cheese plates are excellent, with the meats made on premise. A favorite here is the fennel sausage. Among the main courses, salmon , scallops, & Carolina pork shoulder are all cooked to perfection. Wines from French Mediterranean regions as well as northern Spain are well matched to the fire roasted menu & make for a great value. Many of the beers here are local to North & South Carolina. The beer list could use more draft offerings. This is a great place for small groups & food sharing. I have been here many times & have never been disappointed. A few times each year Roosters sponsors beer or wine pairing dinners. These are wonderful, & held in another room with separate bar & service.

• Visited August 2013