“Yummy!!!”

Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: French, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Sharon Road
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Didn't want to wait for a table, so we sat at the bar by the kitchen and got a first hand glimpse of where the magic happens. Fabulous food! Good service! And got to visit a bit with the chef's. Thank you fellow trippers for this great recommendation...we were not disappointed!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Second visit. Second amazing sauce experience.
The hangar steak jus is simply the best I've had in this area. Maybe in the US. The meat was also well seared, tender; and the succotash a treat.

The bread pudding was competent, if a little over-fruited.

A marvel.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

They have very good food here with a really strong wine list. They struggle a bit with service, which can be hit or miss. I would say 75% of the time service is good and the other 25% of the time, it seems like someone very new who is a bit lost. They have dessert wines on the menu which is a nice touch, but like most of their wines, they don't store them very well (too warm, especially the reds by the glass) so you have to be careful that they haven't turned. They are usually willing to give you a taste of something if you are ordering by the glass.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I have been to Rooster's many times for lunch and once for supper. The food has always been great and the prices reasonable. It is a little noisy at lunch but not uncomfortable.
The service has alwys been very good. They have a really good steak burger and the sides are tasty. It is convenient to South Park Mall.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was visiting Charlotte and wanted to try something totally different, not the typical chain places like Applebee's. I was at the Southpark mall and wanted something relatively close which Roosters was. My first impression upon walking in was great. The hostess was friendly, loved the kitchen in the center and liked the different decor (stuffed roosters on one wall). My waiter was friendly and helpful, explaining the menu, how everything was local and giving me his advice on some menu items. I took his advice and got the duck confit, getting the asparagus as a side. When it came out, everything looked gorgeous. The asparagus was grilled, was a tad firm, but not at all chewy with a great taste. The duck was fantastic! I got full but hated to leave any of it left on my plate because it was so amazing. It had a great sauce, a nice crisp skin and was LITERALLY fall off the bone tender. Not kidding, I pulled on the bone when I cut into it and it came out totally clean. I love duck, and that was one of the best duck meals I've ever had. Next time in the area, I'll be back. I got those who meal items and a sweet tea and my total was just under 30 bucks, so not cheap, but I was full and pleased, so for a once-in-a-while meal, it was well worth it.

Been to Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen? Share your experiences!