“Disappointed...”

Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: French, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Sharon Road
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had read a lot of good reviews about this place and was excited to try it. I was very disappointed. Everything was overpriced. I had the gnocchi which came on a plate smaller than my palm. It was ridiculous how small a 11 dollar "entree" was. The burger was also ridiculously small. The best and probably biggest part of the meal was the scalloped potatoes side. Very creamy. The bread basket was also disappointing. The bread was cold and there was only three small pieces in our first basket. I was very disappointed that I wasted an evening at this place.

1  Thank Cassiebehling

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided to give Rooster's a try with 2 kids under 7 with us. We went in around 5:30 so as to not bother the late crowd. Both parents and children LOVED their meals. There were no doggie bags going home with this group. We finished it all! Everything was so fresh and flavorful.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the delicious food seved us this past Saturday. Would highly recommend the Pork belly over blackeyed peas!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Read a review in the South Charlotte weekly and decided to try it for lunch for 2 after Elevation Church one Sunday. Didn't wait long for a table, right next to the wall of roosters. Interesting. The food was mostly great. The french onion soup was hot and just a little spicy, which I liked. The grilled chicken sandwich was good, but the meat was cut so thin that it kept falling off the roll. My husband really enjoyed his meatloaf, though he wished the portion was bigger. We'd go back, probably during restaurant week, get a good discount.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Ever since the old maitre'd or manager quit, it has been hellish making this restaurant work for the parties of 10 to 25 people I bring into it. The staff is utterly unaccommodating, and they act like they are doing me a favor just taking my call. That is, when they don't drop it or just leave me on hold forever. Awful staff, save the bar staff. I've eaten here a hundred times, and can happily recommend a number of dishes: hanger steak, duck, beets, scallops. Even the chicken liver is excellent. But I am giving up for anything beyond an easy night out, as why should I bother to deliver them so much business if it is obvious they don't really want it. Goodbye, Roosters! It has been good to know you but now you stink. Nothing is worse the hassle you've offered over the past year.

Been to Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen? Share your experiences!